X

a good site for a fender elim kit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good site for a fender elim kit?

does anyone know a site for a fender elim. kit??? what are the price ranges for those things????

They range in price from $1.00 for a home built one to right around $130.00 for the Competition werkes unit. It really depends on how anal you are and how much you have to spend on this item.

Here are some images of the one that I made.

Tmod

EDIT: Do a search here for fender eliminator and there are several people that have done different versions.

Comment

damn, that looks nice!

Comment

make your own, seriously. It's not worth a hunk of $ for it...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

im not good with stuff like that

Comment

You don't really have to be. Mark a line, use a dremel or hacksaw and cut at the line. Finish up with some sanding. Add a way to hang your plate and signals and you're set. You can order the bracket for the signals and plate from several places (creese1 on ebay sells a nice one, but I'd make my own next time). Either way, you're going to have to do some cutting, even with the Comp Werkes.

Now, as a hypocrit, I have an undertail from artfibras. Cost me about $150 with shipping. Required the removal of the old fender, drilling of mounting holes, and either the removal of the rear tire or dropping of the swingarm. Nothing you do is going to be quick. Unless you want a smooth looking undertail (not factory), cutting off the rear mudflap is your quickest and cheapest method.

http://www.artfibras.com.br/english/...s/entrada.aspx is the artfibras site. The order form is under the Informations tab.
            Last edited by brooder; 11-17-2008, 10:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

Working...
            X