X

Dual Exhaust Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Exhaust Question

I am interested in converting my 2002 Katana into dual exhaust. I am thinking of a cheap way to do this. I hear people put Glass Packs on their bikes. Any opinions on a dual exhaust with glass packs. Or would it be better to drop a couple hundred dollars on a dual exhaust setup and convert my pipes. I plan on putting a jet kit on it too.

Winter Project:
    2002 Katana 600
    -Buell Seat
    -Custom Swingarm?
    -Custom Fairings?
    -Major Cleaning of everything

Cheapest way is to cobble together a set from a 'busa.
    Remember though you don't have a bracket on the left passenger side.

You either have to have the tools to cut/weld the exhaust or you have to forget about cheap..

Comment

You can convert a pre to a single exhaust with just a few replacements, theoretically couldn't you do the reverse?? If I remember you'd need the full exhaust from the headers and the oil pan from a pre (as it was the opposite doing a conversion to single).
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I have a full machine shop at my disposal and am already redoing the whole rear seat so brackets I can make.

Winter Project:
        2002 Katana 600
        -Buell Seat
        -Custom Swingarm?
        -Custom Fairings?

Comment

If you have the means and the machines.. (name that film) I would try the 'busa route..

Comment

You'll probably have to mess with the A/F mixture of the carbs as well since you are changing the exhaust flow.
            "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"

KatRider. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Uloset, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Uloset View Post
              You'll probably have to mess with the A/F mixture of the carbs as well since you are changing the exhaust flow.
              Hence him rejetting it. I like the look myself.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Glass packs? You stealing them off an F150 or what
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
                  Hence him rejetting it. I like the look myself.
                  missed that
                  "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"

KatRider. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Uloset, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Comment

I want a unique sound. But then again I do not want it to sound like crap. Any opinions on what it would sound like with glass pack. I looked on You Tube and found a single. I am assuming a dual would be quieter.

Winter Project:
                    2002 Katana 600
                    -Buell Seat
                    -Custom Swingarm?
                    -Custom Fairings?

Comment

Dual header with Dual D&D's, plenty loud.

Originally posted by Uloset View Post
                      missed that
                      Had to rag on ya
                      Last edited by SweetLou; 10-08-2008, 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X