X

New Header / Head Pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Header / Head Pipe

I am looking for a header for my 06 Katana 600. I am having trouble finding any aftermarket products. I am hoping someone can give me some direction on where to look or what they have used to upgrade their stock headers. Thanks
    sigpic

Twist your Wrist

what bike do you have? You're having trouble finding after market parts because there isn't any. A Bandit 1200 Header and a Katana 750 on a 600 works also. Do this too:
    motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I would assume a header that states it fits a 2001 + bandit 1200 would fit my 06 katana?
      sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

a 99+ will fit, you just need other parts, ask rok_stars_bars, I sold him one

Comment

As far as i'm aware all bandit 12 downpipes are the same from the first 95 up to 01 i'm not sure after that

surely bandit 12 downpipes will be too long top to bottom for a 600 due to the shorter 600 engine thats the way it works on a swap between b6 & b12 anyway
          Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
            As far as i'm aware all bandit 12 downpipes are the same from the first 95 up to 01 i'm not sure after that

surely bandit 12 downpipes will be too long top to bottom for a 600 due to the shorter 600 engine thats the way it works on a swap between b6 & b12 anyway
            Edit: On the B12 header the OD on the header is 1.5 inch HUGE. Compare to the Katana. Its looks mean and plus it is Stainless so it look great. Look at my Avatar see the nice shiny B12 header

Well Tone we meet again. I just install a B12 Header on my 98+ 600 not to long ago. Now I wouldn't recommend this swap unless planing on installing GSXR 750 cams. U will lose alittle Low end. Makes it alittle annoying having to downshift more often. If you install a B12 header you can run it without cams but a jet kit is a must. Get Factory Pro. Ivan isn't made for aftermarket headers. But it will run with ivan very well. But if you install cams you will need factory pro jet kit. No problem in having two different jet kit. Unless you are like me and didn't plan on cam at first.

Click now the link below to read the thread it will explain everything to do when installing a B12 header. It does sit 1/2 lower then OEM and requires alittle cutting nothing big through
            Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
            From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
            Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
            Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 08-09-2008, 04:37 PM.
            sigpic
            Update Jul 11 2014
            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

D&D makes aftermarket headers for them...i have them on my 06 600 and love it. gotta get a jet kit to go with tho
              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
              k9 GSX-R 600
              GO VOLS!

Comment

no kidding, that a FULL system, not just an after market HEADER. Hindle does too, and yoshi, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  no kidding, that a FULL system, not just an after market HEADER. Hindle does too, and yoshi, etc, etc, etc.
                  Dale Walker (HoleShot) does too. But according to his website if you don't buy his slip-on you cant get his header.
                  sigpic
                  Update Jul 11 2014
                  Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

BTW, that's a Bandit after market header, even though I know it will work on a Katana, it's NOT an after market tuna part, cause there aren't any

Comment

I have a FULL Hindle exhaust system (header, collectors, midpipe and can). It was not cheap (close to a grand), but its awesome.
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                        I have a FULL Hindle exhaust system (header, collectors, midpipe and can). It was not cheap (close to a grand), but its awesome.
                        I got a B12 Header with welds grinded and polished. A Yoshi RS-3 Slip-on. Both are used. But total cost $200 together.
                        sigpic
                        Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

Hindle System

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                          where did you find your Hindle system? I suppose I could always sell my Carbon Leo Vince pipe to recoup some of the cost. It has only been on my bike for about a month.
                          sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

Working...
                          X