X

triple tree swap issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triple tree swap issue

I just swapped my 750 triple tree for a 600 on my '99 750 kat. I have one issue though. The fork stick out above the bar/clip-ons. Maybe 1/2 inch or so. I didn't move the forks or anything else. Is ther anything that I can do to level it out? I will attach pics when I get home this evening if they will help.

You don't want to level them out. If you didn't move the forks in the lower triple, then your bike is still level. If you lower them to level in the top triple, you'll be raising the front of your bike up.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

I didn't want to adjust the fork level. I just need to find out if anyone else has done this and experienced the same problem, and how they fixed it.

Comment

Since the 600 triple is thinner then the 750 that sounds right. However I'm surprised by how much. If you swapped them like I suggested by keeping the lower tree tight then the forks didn't move. It's all in the parts. I didn't notice it because I used the CBR clips and they are thicker then the Kat's. In fact I ended up lowering the forks about 3/16.. Heck it should look racier that way!

Comment

I didnt do anything other than remove the 750 triple tree and handlebar clamp. I just took it for a ride and wasn't so bad. I can get used to it. I will be on the hunt for CBR clip-ons. I like the way they look!

Comment

did you mount the bars above or below the triple?
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I mounted them above the triple tree.

Comment

Working...
              X