Weird Question about Stock Exhausts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Question about Stock Exhausts

Hi Guys,

I'm asking for a friend who has a Kaw Ninja 500(I know it's a Kawbut he's a friend) and was doing some research for him on making the stock exhaust louder.

What I found was a trick, just don't know if it was a joke or not.
    The trick is to get the exhaust hot by running the bike for awhile, then when the mufflers are hot spraying cold water down into the exhaust pipes. This causes the batting to shrink a bit and create more room around the baffled pipe thus making it louder.

Does this work or is it BS?

Thanks

ps. I ride a 93 Kat 750 :mrgreen:

I guess you could crack the baffles that way. You could also crack the pipe.
    The "batting" is Fiberglas or something like it (if it even exists) and is not effected by heat. (that is why they used it)

Comment

heard of doing that in pick-ups...did it in mine..get it really hot then spray water and it shatters the glass packs...but never heard of it in a bike...
      sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

Shatters the glass packs?

I didn't know fiberglass shattered..

Comment

I've heard of this 2 for pickups.....dunno if it works though never known any one to try it ....

Tell your buddy spend some coin for a slipon...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Not heard of this one before & cant see it doing much tbh the reason being if you went on a decent ride on your stock bike & happened across a big puddle wouldnt that have the same effect ?

i think maybe your mate is getting confused with catalitic converters shattering the insides when cooled too quickly
            Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
            X