Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is there a replacement for this, or does everyone just take it off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a replacement for this, or does everyone just take it off?

(not my bike, using it for example)

I absolutely HATE this on my bike

I've seen a few pics of my model Kat around here since I joined with it off. I already got aftermarket turn signals I will be putting on the fairing, but is this a simple task to take off? How is everyone getting the license plate on?

They look so much better with out it

just cut it off

Comment

cut it off. use a dremel if u have one.

Comment

Cut it off (take the rear plastic off first), then you can make a bracket to mount your license plate (I bought a kit, and it was a waste of money).
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

off with his head hahaha
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

hacksaw will do the trick

the PO of my bike put the plate on the chainguard.... I talked to a 5-O friend and he said though it's illegal, it's not something that they would waste the time and pull people over for. he actually told me just leave it on that wait to see if CHP would pull me over worst thing would be a $10.00 fix-it ticket.
            sigpic
            2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Just understand, that is why people don't want to ride behind you, especially in the rain.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                Just understand, that is why people don't want to ride behind you, especially in the rain.

rain? what's that?

Cali rules!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                  rain? what's that?

Cali rules!
                  Ah, but when it does rain, houses start sliding off the edge of the world. Alas, I'll take my rain, snow, ice, etc. It makes one appreciate the nice days all that much more.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Ah, but when it does rain, houses start sliding off the edge of the world. Alas, I'll take my rain, snow, ice, etc. It makes one appreciate the nice days all that much more.
                    Yeah, no s**t....... at least I know that my house is still going to be here every day. No wild forest fires, no quakes, no mudslides
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

other than the earthquake, none of that happens any were near me.

I guess the only down side of Cali is the 120 degree heat during the summer.... making riding in full gear a living hell (but i still do! )

but yeah, I see your point.... there's no place that's 100% perfect.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                        but yeah, I see your point.... there's no place that's 100% perfect.
                        Although Cali comes pretty danged close!
                        Originally posted by Nero
                        "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                        SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Cut that shovel off, it looks so much better without it.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

You can cut the shovel off or buy a fender eliminator kit. Personally, I think it's easier and cheaper to cut it for the Kat, though some bikes almost require the fender elim. kit.
                            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

You can make the fender eliminator here are some pictures using 3 pieces of 1/8" thick aluminum angle.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X