X

Help me install my exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me install my exhaust

So thanks to Ryder1587 (love you for life bro) I am aquiring a new carbon fiber Yoshi exhaust. Being as I've never installed one of these before, any tips for putting it on? I know Ryder had mentioned that I may need a special piece to attatch it to my pipe. I searched the forums, but couldn't find teh post he was referring to. Thanks in advance for the help guys =)

-Stephan
    Life is a really long ride. Make sure you do it in style.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I remember on mine it was like when the exhaust was connected there was like a circular thing that fit into it and might need to be replaced but mine was fine so used it again. Can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Comment

There's a gasket in there... If you can get the old one out without destroying it, it could be reused, if not, a new one is about $20 at the stealership...

UPDATE:
      Suzuki part number is: 14771-27E00 CONNECTOR, MUFF $21.74

(Just happened to have receipt for one sitting here on my desk)
      Last edited by MMCdude; 07-18-2008, 12:34 PM.
      sigpic
      Submariners Do It Deeper!

Comment

Appreciate the help.
        Life is a really long ride. Make sure you do it in style.

Comment

The biggest problem I had was that my new Yosh Stainless would not fit into the collector pipe on the bottom of the bike. I made sure the clamp on the collector was fully expanded and I even tried a little dish soap to try and wiggle it in but nothing worked. I almost knoecked my bike over before I finally went down to the local parts store (AutoZone) and rented a tail pipe expander. It fits in the pipe and you use a socket wrench to expand the expander. I only needed a few turns of the socket wrench to open the collector pipe for then new exhaust to slip right in. The rental fee was 20 bucks but they give it back to you when you return the expander. You might not need it but if things are tight it is better than forcing it.

Comment

by collector pipe do you mean the headers? if so i might need to do the same thing on my Scorpion, i read thats one issue with the scorp.

Comment

Working...
            X