No announcement yet.
X

Angel/Demon Eyes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don not have any headlight assemblies.

Comment

I have not started the Demon Eye mod yet. I think i'm prob gonna wait till the winter, unless i can get a headlight assembly some time soon( i don't want to go a day more without my bike than i have to)

I have researched a bit though and found a bunch of stuff if anyone is interested.

I found 3 different ways to do this mod:

1. Buy the eyes already made and wire them up. However DO NOT order from www.LiteEyes.com They are NOT reliable at all. If you doubt it or want more info just read this: http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236777

Also don't buy Cleggs angel/demon eyes. They tend to melt if you just your healight for any extended period of time(mainly high beams)

2. You can make your own out of a few LED's and some clear blind rods. Look at the links on page one for instructions on how to do it this way.

3. you can use CCFL rings. They are made of glass, so they won't melt form headlight use. They are mainly used in computers to light them up. However they are VERY bright, a lot brighter than using method #2(LED method)

Here are some instructions for the CCFL way:

It's a lot to read through, but it really has a lot of good info.

I think i'm gonna do both #2 and #3 and do a comparison for everyone to see with a lot of pics. Not sure when, most likely over the winter unless i get a headlight assembly soon. I plan to use the CCFL way though, it seams to be a lot better/brighter. Although i like the look of the Blind Rods way better.
      Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

I had seen the directions on how to make them outa the blind rod, but never did it cuz I didn't want to chop apart my assembly trying to figure out how to mount them inside.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah, that is the biggest drawback to this mod. you have to bake open your headlight assembly. That is why i'm planning on getting an extra headlight assembly to try it on, that way i can still ride my bike while doing it, and if it works i just swap out the 2 headlights, and if i melt it, no big deal. If I can get it right the first time i might do the other headlight in another color, or do it and sell it to someone on here.

Comment

This is all great and id love to do this as well but my kat has daily running lights !!!! any idea how to turn that off ?

Comment

With only one headlight for my pre, it would look like Popeye was drunk and driving after you...probably not going to look so good.
              -
              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by UkiSash View Post
                This is all great and id love to do this as well but my kat has daily running lights !!!! any idea how to turn that off ?
                what are daily running lights do you mean that your headlights stay on??? if so they are supposed to stay on thats the law
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Every Kat has DRl's(daytime running lights) As long as you use #2 or #3 you'll be fine and have no worries about melting.

I don't know how you would go about turning off your DRL's but yo udon't have to for this mod, unless you wanted to ride without your lights on and just the angel/demon eyes.

When you wire up the eyes you wire them up to a separate switch that you can turn on and off independant of your headlights.

Not sure if that is what you were getting at or not

Comment

Originally posted by Ulshy55 View Post
                    Every Kat has DRl's(daytime running lights) As long as you use #2 or #3 you'll be fine and have no worries about melting.

I don't know how you would go about turning off your DRL's but yo udon't have to for this mod, unless you wanted to ride without your lights on and just the angel/demon eyes.

When you wire up the eyes you wire them up to a separate switch that you can turn on and off independant of your headlights.

Not sure if that is what you were getting at or not

Yeah but will you still be able to see the halo/angels/devil eyes with the lights on !?

Comment

If you do the CCFL way, then yes you still should. Those suckers are very bright! Check out the link under the post about CCFL they have a lot of pics with the lights on/off ect. They are not katana's, but it will give you an idea.

Comment

There is a company by the name of customlitz.com who does them for civic and pretty much all cars
                        they did them for my 07 civic and it looks amazing
                        supper bright
                        hit them up or ill contact them
                        u send them your lights and they send them with the lights inside
                        for cars this mod with hids inside cost about 1600
                        but theyare installing hid projectors into a factory light along with angel eyes or demon eyes

i think they do red
                        blue and white

they bake and reseal

and have pics on their site

Comment

Working...
                        X