X

Removing stock exhaust? Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing stock exhaust? Help!

I've removed the 2 main bolts, and loosened the bolt connecting pipe under bike, but can't get the pipe to release, is there a trick, maybe its rusted?

Originally posted by Mike1tx View Post
    I've removed the 2 main bolts, and loosened the bolt connecting pipe under bike, but can't get the pipe to release, is there a trick, maybe its rusted?

Just got it on...sounds awesome!

Comment

So how did you finally get the old pipe off?

I've just started to fit my new Yoshi RS3, and there's no way the old midpipe wants to separate from the header pipe.

I've wrestled with it, applied a little WD40, even whacked the muffler with a rubber mallet. But it won't move a millimetre.

What's the trick?

HELP!!!!!!!!!
      "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Bump!

I'm getting pretty frustrated by this - the midpipe just doesn't want to separate from the rear of the header pipe, so I can't get the old can off and my nice new Yoshi on!

I've run the bike to get the pipe warm. I've wrestled with it, used a rubber mallet, WD40, and I've tried to gently pry the join apart.

Nothing. It might as well have been welded.

Short of getting an angle grinder out, does anyone have any bright ideas?
        "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

no

Comment

hope i dont run into this problem

Comment

Behold!

The old one was removed by a friend wielding a large plumberīs wrench and hammer.

And the new one? It suits me perfectly. Itīs not loud enough to be annoying, it just sounds good. Iīm happy!

Comment

Working...
              X