Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

SCRMotorcycle Parts Frame Sliders (Installed/Pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCRMotorcycle Parts Frame Sliders (Installed/Pics)

Well I get Braum's sliders put in finally.. Was a bit worried.. There's a nut on backside of the bolt that the slider goes through. It threads into the bracket and uses a nut to lock itself. I had absolutely no way of getting to it with the mesh mod in place.. I probably could have but it would make removing the fairings a PITA in the future.. So for now I put some good loc-tite on it and pray it holds.. We'll see..

Brackets were a lil weird to figure out.. The single allen key bolt doesn't exactly sit flush metal/metal.. There's a few mm gaps, hopefully that holds and it doesn't come off lol..

But not bad.. Threw brackets on, put fairings over, cut hole in mesh and called it a day..

Looks nice, Is that Moly filled nylon for the slider? looks gray and black is why I ask.

Tmod

Comment

So how did you get that on with the mesh again???? I just got mine, and couldn't figure out how to do it other than while the fairing is still on just pulling the fairing out a little to get behind and undo the nut on the back before taking the rest of the fairing off. But it seemed it would be a PIA.
      Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Originally posted by Ulshy55 View Post
        So how did you get that on with the mesh again???? I just got mine, and couldn't figure out how to do it other than while the fairing is still on just pulling the fairing out a little to get behind and undo the nut on the back before taking the rest of the fairing off. But it seemed it would be a PIA.
        The bracket where the slider bolt goes into and the nut comes on the opposite side, is threaded.. I used loctite and and just screwed the slider bolt into the bracket without putting the nut on..

Comment

oh..I see. Thanks!
          Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

hey im new can you use those for pre 98? and if so does that go for all brands (like the ones on ebay)

Comment

Originally posted by sc2turbo View Post
              hey im new can you use those for pre 98? and if so does that go for all brands (like the ones on ebay)
              These will work on Pre-Kat however you will need to put a hole in the fairing.. Frames are pretty much same, just on ours we have holes already cut versus Pre which has a pretty much solid fairing..

Comment

I like the looks of the sliders. You did a good job. I spent all afternoon and much of the night carving, sanding, painting, and installing mesh on my right fairing. I went down in gravel last week and got some massive scrapes. I like the results though...removing the faring is a PITA!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                  I like the looks of the sliders. You did a good job. I spent all afternoon and much of the night carving, sanding, painting, and installing mesh on my right fairing. I went down in gravel last week and got some massive scrapes. I like the results though...removing the faring is a PITA!
                  Not too bad.. I'm like an expert at it now. I can have em off in 5 minutes LOL

Comment

real easy and look awsome
                    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                    Katana Frame Sliders
                    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                    I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

nice..will look into doing this down the line

Comment

Working...
                      X