X

aftermarket exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket exhaust

Where are people finding aftermarket exhausts to fit a pre? Everywhere I look all they have is for 98+. Also, is it possible to change the exhaust on my pre to a 4 into 1 rather than 2?

this may be the most commonly asked question in reference to exhausts... so here goes

If you want a brand new aftermarket exhaust for a pre-98 bike, it will most likely be a Vance and Hines system, which costs around $350-ish and it IS a 4 into 1 system....

Another option is to buy a 98+ set of 4 into 1 exhaust headers and use those. In order for that to work, you will need to replace your pre-98 oil pan and oil pick-up with a 98+ set, otherwise your pre-98 oil pan will be in the way of the 98+ header set.

Those are the two most common ways to do it. Another way, depending on how handy you are, would be to weld your own set of pipes so that the current headers you have are modded into a 4 into 1 set rather than a 4 into 2 set.
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Pre 750 you can get two Vance and Hines systems, the SS2R and the Supersport. Both are 4 into 1 systems. The SS2R is sweet looking, all polished. The Supersport has black headers and pipes, canister is brushed aluminum. Pre 600 is the same but Jardine makes a system for them too, black header with polished can.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

d&d makes one and yoshi makes one
        Chrome Project Part 1
        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Where can I find a yoshi and d&d, I've been googling like crazy and have found nothing. Also, in the DennisKirk catalog it says oil drain plug and oil filter restricted on the V&H supersport, can anyone confirm that?

p.s. I have a 1997 600

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhunter04 View Post
            this may be the most commonly asked question in reference to exhausts... so here goes

If you want a brand new aftermarket exhaust for a pre-98 bike, it will most likely be a Vance and Hines system, which costs around $350-ish and it IS a 4 into 1 system....

Another option is to buy a 98+ set of 4 into 1 exhaust headers and use those. In order for that to work, you will need to replace your pre-98 oil pan and oil pick-up with a 98+ set, otherwise your pre-98 oil pan will be in the way of the 98+ header set.

Those are the two most common ways to do it. Another way, depending on how handy you are, would be to weld your own set of pipes so that the current headers you have are modded into a 4 into 1 set rather than a 4 into 2 set.

Is it aftermarket headers or stock one

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
              d&d makes one and yoshi makes one
              correction, yoshi MADE one.

Originally posted by gjlc19 View Post
              Is it aftermarket headers or stock one
              obviously stock, it's 4-2
              Last edited by arsenic; 06-24-2008, 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yeah, I haven't seen a Yosh pre98 pipe for a while..... I remember it from an old dennis kirk catalog I had. The ideal is definitely to switch the pan and pickup and open yourself up to more options (and more available) with the 98+ exhausts.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the V&H supersport. Does anyone have that and can report on its performance? And also the ease of installation and restriction of the oil filter?

Comment

Working...
                  X