X

Vance and Hines question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance and Hines question

I was installing my Vance & Hines Supersport exhaust on my 96 Katana last night and I noticed while removing the stock exhuast there are small spacers inside the engine. I couldn't get the V&H headers on without removing them so I removed them. Then once I got the headers bolted on the brackets don't go all the way flush with the engine, they are about 3/4 to 1/2 inch away. Is this right or am I missing something?

Also I was wondering where you mount the can in the rear, there is a bracket but I couldn't figure out how it mounts to the old mount.

I bought it used and it didn't come with any instructions, I looked around for a while on here and couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    1996 Suzuki Katana 750

The spacers you removed are the manifold gaskets you will need new ones. Ron Ayers or bikebandit should have them or just go to the local dealer.
    1996 Katana 600

04 Headers
    04 oil pan
    Yosh rs-3 Slip-on
    Factory Pro Jet Kit
    Factory Pro Shift Kit
    5 degree advancer

Comment

Originally posted by shuey134 View Post
      Also I was wondering where you mount the can in the rear, there is a bracket but I couldn't figure out how it mounts to the old mount.

Thanks
      Here's how mine mounts.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Psycho1; 06-10-2008, 02:55 PM.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X