X

How to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to?

How can I find out if my bike has a post headers. I'm having trouble tryin to change out exhaust. Figuring out easier to get a set of post headers. But wondering if I might already have them. Any help will do..thanks in advance.

I assume you're talking about 98+ headers....... 98+ had single exhaust. Pre98 had dual exhaust. But if you have a single outlet header, it could well be aftermarket.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

is there a way to tell if aftermarket or OEM 98+? cuz it is single. and if it is aftermarket, will it be easy to get a slip on, for it..

Comment

98+ header has to be bashed with a hammer to fit the oil pan. Or you have to change the oil pan to a 98+ pan.
        Also 98+ has the cross over tubes at 1&2 3&4. Finally, 98+ are painted black, not chrome.

Comment

Working...
        X