X

header question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header question

I plan on putting cams and full exhaust on my bike this year. And I was wondering whats the best upgrade far has headers. I heard hindle is the best aftermarket. But I also heard 750 is a good choice too. I would like some insight on where I will see my improvement at with each header. I find I need more mid power then any. I can hang with my friends on the top. But leaving stops signs and red lights they dust me by a couple of lenghts.

Note: I already grinded exhaust welds.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

750 header, grind the exhaust welds, trust me. If you have ever listened to me do it this 1 time. Lots of people will tell you all kinds of opinions, and they are WRONG, the best thing you could do is the oem 750 header. I'm building a tuna engine like no one else ever has or ever will, what exhaust do you think I've decided to go with?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      750 header, grind the exhaust welds, trust me. If you have ever listened to me do it this 1 time. Lots of people will tell you all kinds of opinions, and they are WRONG, the best thing you could do is the oem 750 header. I'm building a tuna engine like no one else ever has or ever will, what exhaust do you think I've decided to go with?
      I was leaning to the 750 for a couple of reasons. Money is a big factor, I have CP speak of it several times ,and I have read alot of header threads and some like the 750 would be the best overall.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

One benefit of the Hindle is you also lose a lot of weight over a stock system. Weight is going to benefit you most on initial acceleration. Also the Hindle's 4 2 1 design is good for mid to high r's so unlike many 4 into 1 setups you don't lose a lot of low and mid power. All that being said, the stock header (properly modded) will give the best power low and mid range.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
          One benefit of the Hindle is you also lose a lot of weight over a stock system. Weight is going to benefit you most on initial acceleration. Also the Hindle's 4 2 1 design is good for mid to high r's so unlike many 4 into 1 setups you don't lose a lot of low and mid power. All that being said, the stock header (properly modded) will give the best power low and mid range.
          I have a Yosh slip-on so most of the weight is removed. But Im thinkin the same thing the OEM is going to be the best on the bot
          sigpic
          Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

I'll second the weight saving is in the canister itself. Really an after market header does nothing for you in the weight saving department. On a 500 lbs bike, let me clue you in, a few lbs, doesn't matter

Comment

Working...
            X