X

Lighted design???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighted design???

I have seen some show bikes with lighted designs built into the fairings and I was wondering how it is done. I have also seen them done in the windscreen. THis is the one that REALLY interests me. I would love to have the Penn State logo infused into my windscreen to shine blue at night if possible but would want it to look white during the day possibly in a blue chrome type of windscreen.

Any insight or how tos would be SWEET. Even a site to go to.

Thanks guys.
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Anyone???

Comment

well, you can get EL tape (EL=electroluminescent) and cut a design out of it.

I have seen that done on lots of bikes.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

would that have the ability to light up? How would you light it for night?

Comment

there's a company in NY that does it called drastik plastiks.... drastikplastix.com

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
          "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

There is a company in Joplin, Mo...I can't think of the name, I'll try and find it. Basically they have a computer that etches in whatever design you want into plastic (the windscreen). To light it, you have to put led's in the bottom of the screen pointing up it. This causes the outside of the plastic to glow along with whatever is etched inside it. http://www.mabproto.com/?gclid=CJKqy...FSbCDAodfDA4DQ this isn't the joplin site, I couldn't find that one, but I think they do the same thing, you would just have to light it yourself. I have a desk sign made that is just like what you are describing and it is lit up by the led's I'm not home right now, but if your interested pm me and I will send you some pics of it.
            Last edited by jdm5770; 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

For a clear windscreen, you could mask it, sandblast it then light with LEDs. Would turn out like this ... http://www.illsigns.com/gallery/ and be frosted white during the day
              Last edited by Astro4x4; 12-28-2008, 09:58 AM.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                For a clear windscreen, you could mask it, sandblast it then light with LEDs
                hmm. Never thought of that, that could work i suppose, someone should try that I would be interested in how it worked.
                sigpic

Comment

I sent the NY company a message to see what all they can do for me.

I could sandblast a clear screen but then again I do not have a sandblaster so I would need to send it ou anyway...

Thanks guys...

Comment

Working...
                  X