X

Stock midpipe diameter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock midpipe diameter?

My kat was wrecked and the stock can got destroyed (twisted, bent, etc...) and I have a friend who will give me a muzzy can for almost nothing. It's a bolt on, but I am hoping I can just cut the old can off the stock midpipe and bolt this muzzy can on. Does anyone know the diameter of a stock kat midpipe? My friend says he thinks the opening on the can is 2.5" for the midpipe.

First your profile doesn't say what year Kat you have, I assume it's a 98+ with a single muffler. Second you must realize that you don't have a "bolt on" can so no matter what size the mid pipe is you would need to do some welding and if you need to weld then any can would fit. Third your mid pipe is closer to 2" than 2.5".

Comment

I have the stick mid pipe if you need one. That'll be recycled in a few days if I don't get an answer.
      Last edited by arsenic; 05-28-2008, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
        First your profile doesn't say what year Kat you have, I assume it's a 98+ with a single muffler. Second you must realize that you don't have a "bolt on" can so no matter what size the mid pipe is you would need to do some welding and if you need to weld then any can would fit. Third your mid pipe is closer to 2" than 2.5".
        It's on 01 600

I know it's not a bolt on, but the muzzy can bolts directly to the midpipe (usually the one it comes with...) but I will be cutting my bent can from the midpipe and bolting the muzzy can in it's place. My bike/exhaust is at a friends house and the muzzy can is about 20 min. away so I can't see if they would fit until I get them together.

Comment

Working...
        X