X

Looking for exhaust, found one I question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for exhaust, found one I question

I have been searching on here and I think I know the answer, but I'll ask just to be sure. I have a 90 600, and there is no exhaust on it now. I found this on Ebay and was wondering if it will work, I think it will, but I might have to get a jet kit also, correct? Should I upgrade the air box also?

yeah that should work. a jet kit is recommended as you are going with a full system. no don't upgrade the airbox, stick with stock air filter.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

OK, would I need gaskets to go with it? Would I need to make some exhaust hangars for it? What jet kit do you guys recommend as far as ease and price?

Comment

yes you do need new gaskets that go between the engine and the headers. that is an oem suzuki part. need 4 of them obviously. I don't know if that particular setup requires a gasket between the header and midpipe. have to check vance and hines site. if not, you just need some high temp rtv.

as for the hanger, if it is missing one, i might hvae a yoshi one that might work, it is for a round one, and might or might not have a small yoshi logo, it is yours if you don't mind the symbol and willing ot cover cost of shipping it.

another thing to look out for is possibly if you have a center stand. ONce again don't know if that exhaust comes with a tab on it to keep the center stand from coming up to high or if it is a seperate piece of metal. If it is a seperate piece of metal, i might have a picture that you could fab up one yourself.

pre98 kats'.....go with factory pro or dynojet. there are still some K&n ones floating around, but they are rebranded dynojet ones i think. I used dyno jet and no complaints, but i heard factory pro was a better one to go with.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I have a stock 600 dual exhaust system. Yours for shipping and packing cost, plus $10 for my time.
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
            I have a stock 600 dual exhaust system. Yours for shipping and packing cost, plus $10 for my time.
            Thanks, but I want aftermarket and loud!!

I found a full yosh on Ebay and Vance & Hines on Ebay, we'll see.

Comment

So take the stock setup and cut the cans off! There you go- as squidly as you can get- cheap AND loud!

Or, I'll cut them off for you. You save some shipping cost.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Oh well, the Yosh is for a GSXR and I'm thinking of giong to the 98+ header, D&D slip on, 98+ oil pan and other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X