X

Vance and Hines exhaust bolt-on question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance and Hines exhaust bolt-on question

Does anyne know if the Vance and Hines SS2r exhaust bolts on in three places like the oem or only 2 like the scorpion. 3 places are exhaust can clamp, midpipe welded clamp to frame and header clamp. The scorpion is missing the midpipe welded piece and I did not like it so I sent it back.
    Bill P 91311

muffler bolts to pass. peg and a non attached bracket on the mid pipe and clamps on at headers
    Last edited by Cat 4 Life; 04-19-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks Cat. Is that what you have on your bike? How is the quality? Sound? Power difference?
      Bill P 91311

Comment

sounds good, looks good, performance didn't really notice anything

Comment

Vance and Hines exhaust picture

It would be really awesome if you were able to post a picture of it showing the mounting points. Thanks again.

Bill P 91311

Comment

Originally posted by billp91311 View Post
            Does anyne know if the Vance and Hines SS2r exhaust bolts on in three places like the oem or only 2 like the scorpion .....
            The V&H cannister slides onto the mid-pipe and is held there with 2 springs.
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

yeah the ss2r system really is technically 4 part.......the part that goes on the engine, the headers, the mid pipe and the can. all use springs to hold each piece to the next.

I will see if I can find my pics of the exhaust.

Down fall of the ss2r, nickle finish. Rusts quick. If i bought one again I would have immediately had them jet coated inside and out. but they are mostly hidden on the kat.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
              X