No announcement yet.
X

Bang 4 the buck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because everyone and their mama has a gixxer and the Katana is much more unique. At least in my neck of the woods. ..

Comment

10.8 @ 121? Somethings fishy...you sure thats your side of the slip?

And what do you mean by custom headers? You had a header fabricated and left the stock pipe on? You know the collector is the restriction point right..
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
        Because everyone and their mama has a gixxer and the Katana is much more unique. At least in my neck of the woods. ..
        Everyone's mama has an extra few pounds but the Kat has almost an extra 100 lbs on the GIXXER. Wanna race, get a SS bike !
        sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

thats exacty it i bought my kat brand new for 5500 out the door i put 3k into it thats 8500 my friend just bought an 08 gixxer 600 and i can take him every time at the track thats why i have a katana not a gixxer 600 and he paid 9300 for the gixxer

Comment

Well, theres everyones answer. Smokes a gixxer, rides better than a gixxer,more comfortable seating position than a gixxer, he paid less than his buddy did for his gixxer, and in my opinion...alot classier looking than a gixxer. LOL. In my eyes, for an overall package(staying in the suzuki family anyway) Theres not another bike that I like the looks of better than my 06 Kat except the hayabusa. that'll be my next bike. I just really like the "rounded" look better than the "cut-up" look of the supersports. I know alot of people will disagree, but thats just what I like. I think if this guy truly is running in the 10s with his 600 Kat that he should be praised for buying what he likes, and making it faster than what everyone else likes. If he's lieing....then he should be banned!!! LOL. Oh yea, one more thing...did I mention that a 600 or 750 gixxer looks like a bicycle under my 250lb ***!! Another +1 for the katana's "big body" appearance,lol.
            sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
            RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
            I Miss You Pop
            2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
            BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

your katana with you riding it beats your friend's 08 gix6 at the track with a shot of nitrous? dude, I dont mean to be rude but thats a load of ****

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If he's really running a 10.8, then he's probably beating him by a good margin at the track(dragstrip). The real question is.....is that his real timeslip???? The katana makes its power alot earlier in the rpm range than 600cc ss bike and with the added torque the the nitrous would give him(a 40hp shot should give him an extra 50-60lbft of torque), he should have no trouble holding off an ss bike for a 1/4 mile......but does he really have all this? I dont want to call bs on anyone without giving them a chance to prove themselves, but I really want to see this nitrous setup and maybe a video of this kat in action.
                RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                I Miss You Pop
                2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

2005 kat 600

~80HP, 40 ft-lbs, 460lbs

2008 GSXR 600

~130HP, 40 ft-lbs, 360lbs dry

Unless you are a killer launcher, I still dont see it happening...got a video of a run?

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    2005 kat 600

~80HP, 40 ft-lbs, 460lbs

2008 GSXR 600

Unless you are a killer launcher, I still dont see it happening...got a video of a run?
                    Or maybe the GSXR buddy weighs in around 425#?

Comment

I'm not trying to start anything but simply to explain this..IF he really has what he says he has....
                      2005 kat 600

~80HP, 40 ft-lbs, 460lbs +( 40 shot = 120hp, 90+ft-lbs)

2008 GSXR 600

That extra torque more than makes up for the extra weight. remember, in a short race, torque is king as long as you can hold the front wheel down, and the longer wheelbase and heavy front would actually be an advantage when launching the Kat with nitrous.
                      I'm not trying to defend the guy, I am however saying that if he truly does have what he says he has, he could...even with a ****ty launch, outrun a modern 600SS bike. Theres only a second difference in 1/4 stock to stock. A 55 shot on my wifes 3000lb honda dropped almost a full second....what do you think a 40 shot on a 460lb vehicle would do?? Its simple physics guys. But again....That only if he really has this ****!

Again....thats only IF he actually has the mods that he says he has.
                      RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                      I Miss You Pop
                      2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami View Post
                        Bang 4 the buck
                        I thought you were asking about a VERY cheap prostitute...
                        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

So literal...

If you're looking for 1/4 mile times why not look at changing the stock gearing?

Comment

I, too, am not trying to start crap, nor am I trying to make enemies. But I also think his 11.3 claim on a bone stock Kat 600 is bogus. I would believe it if he were riding a 750 Kat. I KNOW I'm not the best rider out there. My 02 Kat 600 has run a best of 12.01 @ 108MPH with a 1.74 60' in 50 degree weather at sea level, with my skinny 135lb butt riding it. I have lowered my bike 1" front and rear, went +3R/-1F on the sprockets, went from a 530 chain to a 520, removed the center stand, luggage rack, sissy bar, pass. foot pegs, muffler, mid-pipe, and rear-view mirrors. My bike weighs 560lbs with me on it. On my fastest pass, I barely got the front tire off the ground. Like I said before, I KNOW I'm not the best rider out there, but I DOUBT there is OVER 1-second to be gained in my launch. When I first started racing, my bike was stock except for a Vance and Hines slip-on muffler. I was running 12.7's, with 1.95 60', so I know my riding has improved. And I'm sure there isn't .7 tenths to be gained from my short list of mods. If he proves he had a stock 600, and I see a video of it, I will eat every single word in this post and apologize for each word. I will also admit that I have completely failed as a rider and head to the track to work on my launch. Again, I'm not trying to make any enemies, I'm just voicing my opinion.
                            02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                            90 GSXR 750/1216
                            96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                            87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                              Simple and cheap to get into the 10's on a kat, or any bike really. Just buy a tow strap rated for 2000lbs; hook one end to the front of the kat, and the other end to the back of a busa .
                              Priceless! However, you forgot about the JATO-assist option.

10s on a stock 600 Kat? Yeah.....right....Ricky Gadsen or God couldn't do that...Maybe in the 8th....
                              Last edited by Nero; 09-17-2008, 06:38 AM.
                              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                                Priceless! However, you forgot about the JATO-assist option.

10s on a stock 600 Kat? Yeah.....right....Ricky Gadsen or God couldn't do that...Maybe in the 8th....
                                Mine runs high 7's in the 8th.
                                RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                                I Miss You Pop
                                2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                                X