X

Finally...My Bike and a Bunch of Mods!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice bike

man i wish i had the gauges i would pay someone to do my bike thats a nice ride you got.

Comment

Originally posted by longpip View Post
      man i wish i had the gauges i would pay someone to do my bike thats a nice ride you got.
      You can get the gauge overlays on eBay. That's one of the easiest mods to do!
      -
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Looks great. where did you get the GSXF sticker on your bike? i see alot of peeps have those

Comment

Its the West Village parking lot!
          2 bikes

'82 GS650G
          '94 Katana 600

Comment

Representin Paintman!...lol Did you ride your Kat yet! I bet it's nice to be back home with the bikes (you are back home right? or are you a senior?)

Thanks for all the comments guys. Hopefully this summer i am planning on adding a bunch more LED's to the bike, maybe a pair of these
            http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

as well as repair some plastic damage.

To your guys Q's about the reflective tape and the chain guard.

Here is where i ordered the Chain guard:
            This website is for sale! skatelink.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, skatelink.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

To get the red behind it i just cut part of a plastic milk jug carton and covered it in red duct tape, then taped it behind the lettering. So you could choose any coloring you want as long as you can find the color in duct tape.

As for the reflective wheel tape you can get that many places in several different colors. You could try e-bay or just type "reflective motorcycle wheel rim tape" or something like that in google and you'll find many sites that sell it. They usually send you more than you need for both sides of both rims. I used the extra to put some pinstriping on my bike. It works fairly well.

GiftedOne, I don't quite remember where i got those stickers. CHeck ebay, or maybe post something about it here. It might have been someone on Katriders. You could also try googling GSX-F stickers.
            Hope i helped out a bit.
            Last edited by Ulshy55; 05-09-2008, 03:09 PM.
            Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

I am a senior, but I will be out riding come this wednesday.
              2 bikes

'82 GS650G
              '94 Katana 600

Comment

Nice...enjoy the riding. My two buddies and I are going on a trip next weekend sometime. Prob a 3 day trip to WV or something. Congrats and be safe.

Comment

hey i was wondering if you bought the actuall rim tape that come pre-curved or just a roll of reflective tape

Comment

Nice job. You got it looking sharp
                    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

The ones I bought were not pre-curved. It was just a roll of reflective tape, but it stretched with allowed it to form to the curve of the bike. You can get them from tapeworks.com, or on ebay somewhere prob cheaper.

Comment

very nice, is super clean looking! hope mine comes out half as nice!
                        R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Ok, how long did it take to install the guages, where do you get a clock for the bike, and where did you get the needles or did you just paint them?

Comment

djstromxx,

The gauges took perhaps an hour or so. It wasn't too hard. the clock is stock on the bike, but the gauges go over the stock clock too. I painted the needles with day glo paint from walmart. It worked great to help seeing the needles.

Comment

looks great!
                              WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                              We Will Always remember!
                              sigpic

Comment

I absolutly love the engraved Katana on the rear near the swing arm and the kanji symbols in the dash
                                1999 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                                X