X

Jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet kit

My shop is quoting me 3-4 hours for installing a jet kit and synching the carbs? is that tight?
    Do I need them synched when I install a jet kit?

In my opinion yes. I jetted my carbs and synced them as well eventhough there was some time between the two events. My 05 750 did just fine without the carbs synced at the time but i was purchasing the mercury carb balancer so i went ahead and balanced them as well as i could. that is really easy. i cant remember how long it took me to change the jets in my carbs but the time the "pros" are telling you would seem to me to be about right to me. If you dont think you can do it yourself then go ahead and get them to do it. it would probably be easier. my problem is i didnt want anyone but me to touch my bike. And my dad helped me out and i learned a lot because he is an automotive mechanic and that was enough for me. the service manual that i bought helped too.

Comment

I'll install you're jet kit for $100, you need to get them synced locally though.

Comment

sounds resonable because they are throwing in time for removing your fairings just to get to the carbs. yes, they should be synced when re-jetted.

I took mine apart myself and took the carbs and jet kit to my friend. He installed the kit and cynced them and called me a couple hours later finished and charged me $50.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

WOW! I need a friend like that.
          sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
          RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
          I Miss You Pop
          2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
          BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

He works on all types of motorcycles for a living and does it out of his garage. He use to drag race bikes. still does it every once in a while, but very cool guy
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
            X