X

Dynatec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynatec

Has anybody put a Dynatech ignition system on there Kat yet, I have a 94 Kat 750 that has been jetted and has 750 GSX-R carbs on her, she fouls plugs like they are going out of style and I wanted to put the whole Dyna ignition system in there including the coils. I was wondering if anybody else has done this and how well it works.
    I don't have an ego I just love how awesome I am

LETS GO PENS

hmmm... what year GSX-R carbs, do you know? do you have GSX-R cams, as well?
    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

The carbs are off a 94 engine, but not sure if they were ever changed on the stock motor, also I do not have a GSX-R cam in her.

LETS GO PENS

Comment

cams does not matter, ignition does not matter either. Yes, I have Dyna coils. The carbs and GSXR jetting is the problem Dyna ignition is NOT gonna help that. You think by running the plugs hotter they won't foul? Keep thinking that. I just have the Dyna coils I don't have the whole Dynatech system, you know why? It's a waste of money.
        Last edited by arsenic; 03-27-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          you know why? It's a waste of money.

and the sky parted and arsenic spoke the truth

AMEN AMEN AMEN!
          Last edited by whitecl0ver; 03-27-2008, 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

cams does not matter, ignition does not matter either. Yes, I have Dyna coils. The carbs and GSXR jetting is the problem Dyna ignition is NOT gonna help that. You think by running the plugs hotter they won't foul? Keep thinking that. I just have the Dyna coils I don't have the whole Dynatech system, you know why? It's a waste of money.
            Wow you seem angry calm down this is why I am asking, and not just doing then coming back later screaming oh **** if f'd up, I actually was thinking by running it hotter it would help, I really don't want to take the jets out cause after we put them in it ran so much better and quicker. Another reason I wanted the whole Dyna system is because your able to tune it up and down depending on what you are riding for and who is riding your bike. My brother has the whole Dyna system on his CB750 and loves it and it stoped his fouling problem, and before anybody says anything I know that the Kat is WAY different then his that is why I thought I'd ask on here and get peoples oppionions and hopefully experiences with a Dyna on a Kat

LETS GO PENS

Comment

sorry bro, I didn't mean to sound angry. No, it will not help. If anything, it's a band aid for your real problem, the 34mm GSXR carbs. To tell you the truth I don't even know if 94 carbs are 34mm. Thats a water cooled engine. Putting those carbs on an oil cooled engine will cause all the problems you are experiencing. What do you mean by "a GSXR cam" you don't have both cam's? If you use a Dynatech ignition, thats a hell of a lot of stuff you need to change. You can no longer use solid copper core spark plug wires, you need graphite suppression wires, gosh, just the thought, I kinda throw up in my mouth a little.
              Last edited by arsenic; 03-27-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                sorry bro, I didn't mean to sound angry. No, it will not help. If anything, it's a band aid for your real problem, the 34mm GSXR carbs. To tell you the truth I don't even know if 94 carbs are 34mm. Thats a water cooled engine. Putting those carbs on an oil cooled engine will cause all the problems you are experiencing. What do you mean by "a GSXR cam" you don't have both cam's? If you use a Dynatech ignition, thats a hell of a lot of stuff you need to change. You can no longer use solid copper core spark plug wires, you need graphite suppression wires, gosh, just the thought, I kinda throw up in my mouth a little.
                the cams I have are stock GSX-F 750 the motor is pretty much stock except for the carbs, the only reason I mentioned cams before are becasue catfish asked if I had GSX-R cams but I do not. and I also have the Jet kit, this is what I WAS looking to buy http://www.dynaonline.com/english/sp...e_dyna2000.htm and http://www.dynaonline.com/english/dyna_coils.htm, http://www.dynaonline.com/english/dyna_plugwires.htm that is all i was looking to change, yeah i know it would be a hell of a lot of work but still seemed like a good idea at the time.

LETS GO PENS

Comment

Originally posted by persing66 View Post
                  the cams I have are stock GSX-F 750 the motor is pretty much stock except for the carbs, the only reason I mentioned cams before are becasue catfish asked if I had GSX-R cams but I do not. and I also have the Jet kit, this is what I WAS looking to buy http://www.dynaonline.com/english/sp...e_dyna2000.htm and http://www.dynaonline.com/english/dyna_coils.htm, http://www.dynaonline.com/english/dyna_plugwires.htm that is all i was looking to change, yeah i know it would be a hell of a lot of work but still seemed like a good idea at the time.
                  i only asked because it seemed odd that those carbs would be matched to the engine you have. i wanted to check out the durations on the cams you had, if you had them but you do not. sorry for the mix-up

i think you have a air/fuel mixture issue that is fouling plugs, and nothing to do with spark or ignition for the stock stuff is substantial

arsenic knows these engines better than most, so he'll help you out
                  1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

yeah dude, with stock Katana cams those carbs ARE NOT good. Even with gixxer cams I wouldn't use those carbs. I have gixxer cams, I still have Katana carb and Ivan's Katana jetting. With the stock head and the Katana bore and stroke and Katana cams, the gixxer carbs are BAD NEWS. I have the Dyna coils DC1-1 3ohm dual output, and the solid copper core DW200 spark plug wires. To tell you the truth putting that $400 up my nose would do me more good then buying that pos ignition system.
                    Last edited by arsenic; 03-27-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

air fuel mixture seems to be good, it doesn't sputter or die out, she has power throughout the RPM range, the only problem I was having last year was when I was in stop and go traffic the plugs foul out becasue she dumps so much fuel and it isn't burning, also I'll have to look into the engine a bit more because i bought the bike with modded, it is a 92 600 frame and body with a 94 Kat 750 motor in her, i thought the dude I bought it off of said the engine was stock, but if the reg kat cam doesn't match with these carbs we put on then he may have changed it before i bought it. This is the first bike i've had that i've actually tried to do any work on so i'm still learning all this stuff too so try not to hammer me too bad for being a retard.

LETS GO PENS

Comment

I'm not being hard on you dude, you said you were a retard, not me

Comment

somebody thought "Wow, these GSXR carbs i have sitting here fit on this Katana so it must be an upgrade!" i wonder if it ever ran properly

you need to go back to stock carbs, i'd say, with a nice jet kit installed. maybe ebay the ones you have to offset the cost
                          1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
                            somebody thought "Wow, these GSXR carbs i have sitting here fit on this Katana so it must be an upgrade!" i wonder if it ever ran properly

you need to go back to stock carbs, i'd say, with a nice jet kit installed. maybe ebay the ones you have to offset the cost

It ran unbelievable so much more power, like I said the only real problem I have is stop and go traffic is where I have fouling problems

LETS GO PENS

Comment

Do you know why it feels like it has so much more HP?

Because you LOST usable HP down in the lower RPM so when you get it into top end it has a much stronger hit then the soggy bottom end.

The aftermarket ignition won't do you any good.
                              I run the dyna coils and NGK race wires with iriduim plugs.... Anything more then that is a waist really unles you are changing a faulty ignition box.

If the engine is running so rich thst it's fouling plugs it is COSTING you hp.
                              Its a FACT that the richer an engine is tuned the less HP it makes....
                              end of story
                              lean makes more HP... but too lean and it causes overheating, detonation and pre-ignition.

If you want to keep the GSXR carbs you will need an EGT gauge a dual guage will work and set it op on #1 & #2 cylinders, dial them in and make the same adjustments to carbs 3 and 4.
                              You will need a handfull of main jets, pilot jets, needles etc. but it can be done. Once you lean it out..it will make TONS more HP. You will want to shoot for aprox 1250 degrees at Wot
                              1100 at 1/2 throttle
                              1000 at 1/4 throttle
                              900 at idle off idle.

Personally I don't believe there is much to gain by going with GSXR carbs on a stock engine even if jetted perfectly.

You can argue the whole "it has more HP with the GSXR carbs" all you want but facts are facts. If it's running richer then stock, regardless the size of the carbs it is NOT making more HP. it is impossible.
                              leaner = more HP
                              richer = less HP
                              Last edited by hardlydangerous; 03-30-2008, 10:23 PM.
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                              X