X

Whistle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistle

I installed my new Yosh slip-on and now I seem to have this whistle coming from somewhere. Any thoughts?

I'm guessing it's the RS3.
    Take a look in the pipe and make sure there isn't anything in there.

If not take it out and get it broken in, nice and hot it's gonna smell funny for the first few miles, but it's just burning off some of the packing. See if that helps.

Is it correctly installed? check to make sure the pipe is all the way into the header. And that the gasket/bushing is all the way in the pipe.

Comment

listen closer and find where the whistle is coming from

Comment

I dont think the sound is not coming form the pipe is almost sound like it is coming from the air box. Budy of mine that I work with has an 04 Kat. I had him start his up and it is making the same sound it must be psychosomatic.

Comment

When the bike is cold, start it and run your hand around the fittings to see if you can feel the exhaust leaking.
          American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Just to add my 2 cents i found that using a doctors stethiscope, just remove the end for listening to your heart and attach a metal tube to the rubber hose that way you can pin point where the sound is coming from a lot easier! especially if it's the exhaust, no burning your ears or fingers!
            04 kat 600 currently bone stock!

Comment

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
              Just to add my 2 cents i found that using a doctors stethiscope, just remove the end for listening to your heart and attach a metal tube to the rubber hose that way you can pin point where the sound is coming from a lot easier! especially if it's the exhaust, no burning your ears or fingers!
              Yup..Old mechanics trick. I use a length of tubing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Yup..Old mechanics trick. I use a length of tubing myself.
                Me too.
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X