X

Scorpion Slip On Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion Slip On Question

I want to install a Scorpion Slip On on my 2006 750. My questions are.

1. Is there a problem clearing the center stand? I have read a few post's that stated the clamp had to be bent to clear the stand.

2. I also read I will need to buy a high temp sealant to prevent leaks. What is the brand and name of the sealant, and do you just apply to the inside where the midpipe and can connect?

Thanks for your help!
    25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Go to www.ronayers.com Click on OEM Part - Microfische - Suzuki Motorcycles, then 2006, then Katana 750/600 then Muffler. Part #4....do yourself a favor...order it. Local dealer should run $20 or so. It's a steel / mesh gasket that makes the header / mid-pipe connection tight. I didn't need sealant on mine when using it.

Also, do yourself another cheap / free favor..hit up a local Autozone...pay the $20 deposit (you get it all back when you return the tool) a tail pipe expander. Tell 'em you want the smaller one they carry.

If the midpipe won't fit pretty easily inside the collector with the gasket installed, use the expander to open the collector up a bit, then install the mid-pipe and tighten the clamp down.

HTH

Comment

Thanks ctandc, appreciate the advice.

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
      Go to www.ronayers.com Click on OEM Part - Microfische - Suzuki Motorcycles, then 2006, then Katana 750/600 then Muffler. Part #4....do yourself a favor...order it. Local dealer should run $20 or so. It's a steel / mesh gasket that makes the header / mid-pipe connection tight. I didn't need sealant on mine when using it.

Also, do yourself another cheap / free favor..hit up a local Autozone...pay the $20 deposit (you get it all back when you return the tool) a tail pipe expander. Tell 'em you want the smaller one they carry.

If the midpipe won't fit pretty easily inside the collector with the gasket installed, use the expander to open the collector up a bit, then install the mid-pipe and tighten the clamp down.

HTH
      25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

don't JB Weld it on like my dumb friend did to his bike. it slipped on, but it ain't ever slipping back off!
        1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
          don't JB Weld it on like my dumb friend did to his bike. it slipped on, but it ain't ever slipping back off!
          Hahahahahahaha. Thats awesome. Did he atleast get a good seal with it. lol
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
          X