X

How can I make my V&H quieter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make my V&H quieter?

I bought a bike with an after market exhaust. The previous owner had painted it flat black and his poor attempt to prep caused all the paint on the headers to come off and immediately rust. From all appearances it appears to be a Vance and Hines supersport full exhaust.

There are no holes in the exhaust at all but it is stupid loud. My gf will lose visuals on me at night but will know I'm still in front of her because she can hear my deafening exhaust.

I guess my question is; is there a way to make my exhaust quieter or could the PO have messed with it in a way to totally muck it up?

It could be all the packing is gone. Even if it is riveted you can drill out the rivits and repack the baffel.

Read here:
    Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      It could be all the packing is gone. Even if it is riveted you can drill out the rivits and repack the baffel.

Read here:
      http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ho...wto/index.html

Awesome I sent V&H an email and see if I can order one. Thanks!

Comment

I would repack it.
        American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

my vance and hines is terribly loud too my g/f hates it, i love it loud pipes save lives i say!!!
          1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
          1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
          Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
            my vance and hines is terribly loud too my g/f hates it, i love it loud pipes save lives i say!!!
            My gf says it makes my bike sound ricey (well duh). Loud pipes make it so I have to turn my stereo up to max to be able to hear anything after a ride.

I ordered the repack kit, only $8. I can use the money saved on ear plugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post

When I'm in a car and some dipwad with a loud pipe goes by, it always scares the $%$ out of me. Most times I flinch, shut my eyes, and swerve into the next lane before I regain control. I am suprised loud bikes don't get clobbered because of this all the time. I literally lose a little bit of pee each time it happens.

Comment

remind me to stay away from you when you drive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fooquestionmark View Post
                  Where did you order it from? I need one for my Supersport exhaust. Thanks.
                  96 Katana 600
                  97 4 door Blazer LT
                  03 Honda Pilot EXL
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fooquestionmark View Post
                    My gf says it makes my bike sound ricey (well duh). Loud pipes make it so I have to turn my stereo up to max to be able to hear anything after a ride.

i get earplugs for free from work, lol!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adequateman View Post
                      Most times I flinch, shut my eyes, and swerve into the next lane before I regain control.
                      Remind me to never come near where you are driving...
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

When I'm in a car and some dipwad with a loud pipe goes by, it always scares the $%$ out of me. Most times I flinch, shut my eyes, and swerve into the next lane before I regain control. I am suprised loud bikes don't get clobbered because of this all the time. I literally lose a little bit of pee each time it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                          Remind me to never come near where you are driving...

Just beware that loud pipes put you in danger while in traffic! I don't think I am the only one that they scare the %&$* out of.

Comment

Just beware that loud pipes put you in danger while in traffic! I don't think I am the only one that they scare the %&$* out of.
                            Ya, Id much rather sneak up on cars so they cant see OR hear me .....

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                              Ya, Id much rather sneak up on cars so they cant see OR hear me .....
                              but then the cops can't find you they'll be able to follow me from farther back just by driving to the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X