X

Full-exhaust vs slip on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full-exhaust vs slip on

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had educated guess/personal opinion/technical numbers about going from a stock exhaust to a slip on and even all the way up to a full exhaust. I'm debating the slip on versus full but can't decide if the extra $300+jetting is worth it.
    Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead.

In a world ruled by Swine, All pigs are up-wards mobile.
    -Hunter S. Thompson

a full exhaust system is about the biggest rip off in the world. You'll get the same benefits by removing the weld seems. You will need to jet the carbs though. Where are you getting $300 to jet, you mean if the dealership does it. If so, I hope they buy you dinner first.

Comment

I Think He Means 300 More For Full Exhaust Compared To A Slip On. Not The Jetting

Comment

ok, that could be, gotcha

Comment

Correct; additionally for the full system and tack on the Jet kit on top of that. Will putting a performance air filter on the other end show any difference, other than getting to slap a K&N sticker on the bike?

-Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

yeah, putting a K&N in there will show a difference, your bike will run like crap. Stock air filter is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              yeah, putting a K&N in there will show a difference, your bike will run like crap. Stock air filter is the way to go.
              K&N filter is ok, so long as its not the pods. The K&N that goes in the stock airbox works well.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

So then whats the verdict in terms of jetting if I were to go with say, a D&D slip on and a replacement slip-in filter, yes or no? I seem to have heard competing opinions before.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

if you just add a slip on you don't have to jet period. I disagree Joe. The OEM replace K&N air filter does not work well. The cam lobe lift durations can not compensate for the increased air. If you remove the header welds get an Ivan's or Factory Pro jet kit. Don't get DunoJunk or K&N. Ivan's jet kits tell you to use the stock air filter.

Comment

I'm sure its been discussed, but is there an easy way to remove header welds? or a thread that I can look at?

-Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

How-to search!!!
                        American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Working...
                        X