X

750 Exhaust on a 600. Will it fit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 Exhaust on a 600. Will it fit??

The exhaust on my 1992 GSX600F now has one too many holes around the collector and needs to be replaced. I have been offered a complete used exhaust from a 1990 GSX750 for a smallish price but I have no idea if it will fit. Does anyone know if the exhausts are interchangeable on these models?

Thanks

and here come the responses lol.....
    I'm not sure but i've seen this asked before...search the threads man....
    I wanna say the 600 and 750 headers are different...maybe that was post 98....cant remember though

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

yes they are different, the 750 flows a lot more air, as for fitment I personally dont know but imagine it would be a bit different, get a tape measure
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Fitment should be identical stock for stock on the pre 600 vs pre 750. The external engine dimensions are indentical. Just not sure if the mounting points / lengths that hold the exhaust to the sides are identical. The 750 header will flow more than the 600 and jetting etc may be necessary.

If money is a concern, consider converting the pre 98 dual exhaust to a post 98 single exhaust. All you need to do it (Without denting or modifying the post 600 header) is a 98-06 600 or 750 oil pan and pickup, the header, and a slip on. Stock slip on's can usually be had pretty cheap.

HTH

Comment

750-600

As far as I'm aware they will bolt up at the manifold side anyhow, the rest is somewhere in this forum! I know you can ran a newer pipe too just have to modify exhaust at oil pan or change oil pan!

Comment

it will fit no problem. You may have jetting issues though.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
            X