X

undertail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undertail

what is the purpose of a undertail I am adding a tire hugger do I need a undertail
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

you don't need one. It's just decorative. Makes it all look nice and tidy..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      you don't need one. It's just decorative. Makes it all look nice and tidy..
      thank you but would it make a difference in seeing the hugger some tails look higher than others
      sigpicAllan

Comment

It will not obscure the hugger if that is what you mean. Personally I like the idea of and under tail but I'm not sure on a kat (with the closer tail) you have all the clearance you need. The hugger could hit the under tail. Just my perception. Hopefully one of the members that installed both can set us all straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          It will not obscure the hugger if that is what you mean. Personally I like the idea of and under tail but I'm not sure on a kat (with the closer tail) you have all the clearance you need. The hugger could hit the under tail. Just my perception. Hopefully one of the members that installed both can set us all straight.
          thank you for help if I do not uses a undertail will people be able to see the hugger clearly
          sigpicAllan

Comment

Just cut the shovel off yours and then put the hugger on
            02' Katana 600
            D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Originally posted by ras View Post
              Just cut the shovel off yours and then put the hugger on
              thank you I never have one to cut When I brought the bike (used) the owner had it removed
              sigpicAllan

Comment

Look at the Katana of the Month for Nov. 2007. Teddy has both on his. i am sure he could answer a few of your questions if you ask nicely.
                American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

I ran my hugger with both the factory undertail and then the artfibras one. I had zero clearance issues with both, but the artfibras undertail does clean it up nicely like BP said. The KK undertails are nice looking as well, I just like the stock tail light better than the LED's the KK tail comes with.

As far as seeing it, on my bike you kinda have to look for them both since everything is all black. But if you have a bike of a different color, I would get the hugger in the tail color of the bike, then paint the swingarm black to match the frame to set off a nice contrast. That's why my swingarm is still silver...needed the contrast.
                  Last edited by teddy; 03-03-2008, 09:20 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman1724 View Post
                    Look at the Katana of the Month for Nov. 2007. Teddy has both on his. i am sure he could answer a few of your questions if you ask nicely.

Teddy's bike is sweet.

BTW the only ones who will notice your tire hugger or undertail are those who really care to observe. Do it for yourself first cause if you drop a ton of cash on your bike to have people notice and if they don't you are going to end up with a bruised ego.
                    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

thanks everyone for your input
                      sigpicAllan

Comment

i made my own undertail and it looks preety good

Comment

Originally posted by weezer666 View Post
                          Lets see some pictures.
                          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by weezer666 View Post
                            sigpicAllan

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X