X

750 or no 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 or no 750

Okay so it's that time of year income tax return yeah well as far as I know I will be getting a fair chunk back, and wanted to do some work on the Kat it's an 04 600. I feel it's lacking in the power so I was thinking of adding a slip on, timing advance and Ivan's jet kit, or finding a 98+ 750 and dropping that in. i read the article by Special K but am still not sure! Most 750 i have found don't come with alt, starter and carbs can I use all those off my 600 any moding that I might have to do? not sure which route to go, love the bike and have owned it since new not needing gixxer speed and power just would like to improve on what I have! thanks for you help and suggestions
    04 kat 600 currently bone stock!

carbs - no everything else - yes

Comment

Dude - What's with this "OR" crap??

Get yourself a 750 or bigger AND do the slip on, jetting and timing advance... you're talking, what, $400 more? If fer a penny, in fer a pound.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Ya i know that or Crap is not cool but if i do the 750 i will not beable to paint the bike until next year cuz everything in Canada seems to costs more and I have just been denide the use of the garage for the engine swap!!! I shouldn't complain the folks let me store it in the heated garage for the winter free of charge!!
        04 kat 600 currently bone stock!

Comment

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
          Ya i know that or Crap is not cool but if i do the 750 i will not beable to paint the bike until next year cuz everything in Canada seems to costs more and I have just been denide the use of the garage for the engine swap!!! I shouldn't complain the folks let me store it in the heated garage for the winter free of charge!!
          Seriously, CR - swapping is so stinkin' easy, I don't know why more people don't do it. If you can wangle a garage for a weekend or just one full day of work, you can do motor, jetting and advancer...

I'll tell you a secret if you PROMISE not to tell anyone.... my wife doesn't know that I did the motor swap or ANYTHING on the bike other than tear off the carbs, clean 'em and sync 'em.

I'm just saying that once you get a handle on the donor bike, the swap won't take anything at all to get done.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
          X