X

Hey, first question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, first question

Search had no results, so I just thought I'd ask.

Is there any downside to just cutting the exhaust pipe 2 or so ft. past the header and just welding a pipe on, assuming I can bolt fittings and such?

you mean like a buell muffler under the bike ????
    I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

yeah, or even a shorty pipe to the side. Either one.

Comment

its gonna change the jetting the carbs require due to less or more back pressure
        I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Ok, but a dyno tune can sort it out?
          Oh, and they don't make a power commander for the kat do they?

Comment

Probably 'no' for the Kat power commander. -No electronics really to command...
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I'm sorry, is even the 01' Kat a carbed bike?

Comment

Carbs ruled right till the end of the Kat line.
                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Alright, so I'd be forced to re-jet my carb in addition to adding the pipe.
                  Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    Probably 'no' for the Kat power commander. -No electronics really to command...
                    not true. Dyna make an ignition system that let's you fiddle with your ignition, which is basically what the power commander does.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i thought the power commanders handle fueling, with all the maps, etc?

but i electronics have to play into it, obviously

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

The power commander completely changes fuel maps fir EFI systems

The dyna system changes the ignition timing
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                          The power commander completely changes fuel maps fir EFI systems

The dyna system changes the ignition timing
                          I have no experience with a power commander....so no argument here.

however, if you start remapping your EFI, does this automatically make the appropriate spark adjustments?
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I am kicking myself in the butt for selling my Wolf3D system a couple of years ago when I burned up the MR2.

If you guys are looking for a really good yet low(lower cost) EMS then have a look at the Wolf line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                              I have no experience with a power commander....so no argument here.

however, if you start remapping your EFI, does this automatically make the appropriate spark adjustments?
                              that is a good question mojoe. i am looking into the power commander for my 919. I know people say it isn't for power, but more of the smoothness and throttle response. But of course everyone has their opinions.

I would almost like to just say that it changes the maps. I say this because one i havne't checked into it yet as to how it works, and also dynojet sells an ignition module that is seperate.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
                              X