Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Need Some feedback on which heated grips are best ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some feedback on which heated grips are best ....

Hi,
    I'm planning on installing heated grips on my Kat750 this month. I don't know which ones are best and I'd really appreciate any help I can get from others experience with them. I don't want to spend more than 150.00 on them and I'd rather have the variable controls for heat levels instead of just a " high/low " setup. Thank you all for the help
    2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
    2008 Concours 14
    www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

A lot of people have installed these

They're Hi/Low not variable, but the price is right

Comment

not sure which ones I have on my busa as I did not install them myself. They may be the same as the ones dan posted. Mine only have hi/low, which works well enough for me.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I got some Oxford grips off of Ebay for about $60 . Variable thermostat , and it'll burn your bare hands on hi . Only thing that sucks is at 25 degrees , your palms could be sweating from these things (and mine HAVE) , but the backs of your hands still get pretty cold . But the same could be said of any heated grip . But they help a LOT when it's chilly .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by idphillips View Post
          Hi,
          I'm planning on installing heated grips on my Kat750 this month. I don't know which ones are best and I'd really appreciate any help I can get from others experience with them. I don't want to spend more than 150.00 on them and I'd rather have the variable controls for heat levels instead of just a " high/low " setup. Thank you all for the help
          Not gonna help the ends of your fingers. get some of the "Rhino Butts"?? "Rhino Skins"?? not exactly sure of the name. They have been mentioned on this site before. They cover your whole hand, grip and levers to protect from the cold.
          2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

Comment

Originally posted by jasmail View Post
            Not gonna help the ends of your fingers. get some of the "Rhino Butts"?? "Rhino Skins"?? not exactly sure of the name. They have been mentioned on this site before. They cover your whole hand, grip and levers to protect from the cold.
            Depending on what kind of cold weather riding you will be doing, you may want to consider the items described above. I have seen them before, but do not know what they are called. Personally I have no use for them and my heated grips work fine for the spring and fall cold weather i ride in. I don't ride in weather like this:

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Hippo hands you mean ? I've yet to try them myself . But my fingertips actually do ok with my grips . It's when it gets below say 30* with my summer-weight leather gloves that tips and backs of my hands stay chilly . But I tend to ride with 2 fingers covering the brake , too .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                A lot of people have installed these

They're Hi/Low not variable, but the price is right
                Man, I did not know they were that cheap!
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

I wonder if those Kimpex can be installed with a Vista Cruise installed? Also, on the right grip, would this thing go under the plastic, or between the grip and the plastic throttle?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                    I wonder if those Kimpex can be installed with a Vista Cruise installed? Also, on the right grip, would this thing go under the plastic, or between the grip and the plastic throttle?
                    I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be used with the vista cruise (that the one that goes between the grip and switch pod right?), and yes, they go between the throttle tube, and the grip. On the left, you need to wrap a couple layers of tape (electrical) around the bare metal bar first to act as an insulator (the bare metal will soak up all the heat).

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                      I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be used with the vista cruise (that the one that goes between the grip and switch pod right?), and yes, they go between the throttle tube, and the grip. On the left, you need to wrap a couple layers of tape (electrical) around the bare metal bar first to act as an insulator (the bare metal will soak up all the heat).
                      Darn it, tube was the word I was looking for and couldn't think of it!! And yes, it goes between the grip and the switch pod. I guess I'd have to see where the wires come out, I assumed they were on the left side of the throttle tube, where the Vista takes up all the room. So I guess I've just wrapped me-self in more confusion, where do the wires come out at? You can't run them under the the Vista and the pod right?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

As a temp installation you can install them over the grips and wrap then with friction sports tape.
                        I used to do this with my shadow back when i had aluminum grips...
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful info ... now all I have to do is choose
                          2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
                          2008 Concours 14
                          www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                            Darn it, tube was the word I was looking for and couldn't think of it!! And yes, it goes between the grip and the switch pod. I guess I'd have to see where the wires come out, I assumed they were on the left side of the throttle tube, where the Vista takes up all the room. So I guess I've just wrapped me-self in more confusion, where do the wires come out at? You can't run them under the the Vista and the pod right?
                            On second thought, It might interfere. It's tough to say withought trying it. If you did run into interference, you could always switch the vista cruise for a throttle meister.

Comment

I don't see why you couldn't wire in a properly sized rheostat to those for full control....
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X