Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Has anyone tried these LED rear turn signals.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried these LED rear turn signals.

I'm a little cautious about double-sided adhesive foam for applying the signal to the body. Got a bad feeling that they'll come loose in a short amount of time.

i've not done it but you may have an issue with faster blinking with the LED's, a resistor may be needed.
    -1999 White FRC Corvette
    -2003 Black Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I am pretty sure I have seen a post where a KR member has fitted these (or similar), can't remember who it was though sorry .
      Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

I would think they are okay w/ dbl sided tape. They really don't weigh much for gravity to do anything to them.
        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I'm not really concerned with the weight and such, but the elements. How is the dbl-sided tape going to hold up against the elements? Through 2-washings a month? I garage the bike when I'm home so it's not a huge concern.. I'm more concerned about the tape wearing out.

Originally posted by River
          I would think they are okay w/ dbl sided tape. They really don't weigh much for gravity to do anything to them.

Comment

JB Weld?

I must be a freak on my bike then, I wash/wax it every Saturday or Sunday.

Comment

JB Weld.. Great idea!

Nah, you're not weird.. I know others who wash their bike every week... My bike just doesn't get dirty enough to warrant a wash. Heck, I just wipe off the dust with a microfiber towel and it looks great! But then again, I wash, clean, polish and wax my bike which is a 3-hour process and the waxing really helps keeping the bike clean.

JB Weld?

I must be a freak on my bike then, I wash/wax it every Saturday or Sunday.

Comment

Yea, even if he's not that dirty, I take great pride of my Kat. Of course now the new car isn't getting all the attention it once had... Poor baby...

Yea JB Weld - that's the ticket!

Comment

Those should be fine with the double sided tape but just remember that you have to drill a hole in the fairing for the wiring

2002 Katana 600
                  1999 Ford F150

Comment

You refer to your bike as him??? I hope you're a woman.. I'd like to call my bike Amanda... But I don't think the person I know with that name would really appreciate it.. Even if it has nothing to do with her.

Yea, even if he's not that dirty, I take great pride of my Kat. Of course now the new car isn't getting all the attention it once had... Poor baby...

Comment

Originally posted by sleekkatanarider
                      You refer to your bike as him??? I hope you're a woman.. I'd like to call my bike Amanda... But I don't think the person I know with that name would really appreciate it.. Even if it has nothing to do with her.

It's a "him" to me, no, I'm not a girl. My car is my girl and my bike is my boy. Considering the times chicks want a ride, "he's" my wingman - always there when I need him.

I don't have any kids - aside from my car and bike

Comment

I got those exact signals, they will blink faster unless you have a load balancer installed. They look way better than anything else they have out there for katana's. I don't think that they are too visible in the day.(use your arms for added safety). the two sided tape is still holding great too.

Comment

How do you get a load balancer? Resistor?

Originally posted by freshus
                          I got those exact signals, they will blink faster unless you have a load balancer installed. They look way better than anything else they have out there for katana's. I don't think that they are too visible in the day.(use your arms for added safety). the two sided tape is still holding great too.

Comment

the shop i deal with sells honda's, and they had a balancer in stock for a honda which worked fine. you can buy a suzuki one as well which might come with better instuctions(wire matching) they don't cost more than $30.00 and took 30min to install. i don't mess around with electronics on my bike.

Comment

Mine are stuck on with double sided sticky tape. I cleaned both surfaces with rubbing alcohal first, then stuck the tape, and it has lasted over 2 years now with not coming loose at all, not even after a wreck!

As long as you clean both surfaces will before putting them on to remove all dirt and wax, they will hold on fine.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X