X

2004 Kat 600 Mods...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Kat 600 Mods...

Why is it that everytime I want to look for mods, nothing seems to show up in my search? Almost everytime I look for a full exhaust system for my bike, the are systems for almost every other Kat, except mine?

The same thing goes with a number of different parts. I have anew Dennis Kirk Catalog, and just about every exhaust system, wind screen, tank sliders, body mods, seat upgrade, etc, etc, doesn't have a model that fits an 04 Kat 600.

Don't get me wrong, I know the Kat isn't the top of the line bike, the one that "everyone" wants, but sheesh, cut me a brake and allow me to make some performance upgrades, style changes, etc, without having to pay through my ARSE to get something custom.

My main concern really is the exhaust, but the more upgrades that anyone knows of that will fit the 04 Kat 600, the more fun it would be for me!!

I love my new bike, and I'm not going to get rid of it anytime soon, but it sure would be even more attractive for me to hold on to if I could put a little love into it...maybe buy it a diamond ring or something nice to show her I care. I was thinking about giving her a nice suductive name...you know, so I can go ride my mistress once in a while. LOL Any good name ideas? HAHA!

pretty much any 98+ exhaust system will fit. And don't get a full system, get a slip on.

Comment

Anything for a 98+ kat 600 will work anything for an 03+ Kat 600 will certainly fit.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
        pretty much any 98+ exhaust system will fit. And don't get a full system, get a slip on.

Why not get a full system? I love my Hindle system.
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

A lot of exhaust slip ons and full systems will not be listed for the 04 and newer because of emissions laws. Only "off road use" exhausts could be sold for those years due to the catalyst in the OEM muffler.

Comment

no a full system will be fine I guess. A slip on is just a lot cheaper, and you still have your stock header which is required for an Ivan's jet kit. With an after market header your not changing the collector to mid pipe restriction point so it's not making any difference. For the money I'd just get a slip on.

Comment

Very few changes were made from 98 to 06. So suppliers won't bother updating the records if the part still fits. Generally they will list 88-97 then 98-whatever.

Doing a search here for mods on an 04 600 is way too specific. 99.9% of all mods done to a 98+ will work on an 04.

Comment

You guys ROCK!!! I appreciate the quick responses! Keep the opinions, and the recomendations rolling. I appreciate what you all have to say.

What is this about an Ivan's Jet Kit? I need to keep my stock exhaust for the jet kit? What kind of price am I looking at?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X