X

Frame Sliders ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic13
    Paul (SEQX34), did that he drilled though his frame but he welded like a 1/4 metal strip on either side of the whole. He didn't use frame slider either, he used pegs from a BMX bike, seriously.
    I know! I hope his screws give out before the frame tweeks..

Comment

ok, thanks for the ideas. i got a buddy whos a professional welder. ill run stuff by him to see what he thinks.

i dont think im doing bmx peg though. im curious what that looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by mwysienski

Comment

wow, a lot better than i was thinking. that silver bar you can see is the bar i was talking about. my boys '03 GSXR 750's frame sliders are around the area of that bar.

are those blinkers in his mirrors?

Comment

yup

Comment

ooooooo...i want that.

Comment

well, that's pretty easy to do PM Paul, and ask him what he used.

Comment

If you are thinking of drilling the frame...pm Special$K$...he used to see the way the frame gets tweaked when you do that...as far as the bolt is concerned yes make sure it will break off before it bends the frame...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I just used Hayabuse frame sliders and made a bracket, so with that bracket welded on the frame I'm pretty sure the bolt will go before the frame, since they ARE in fact frame sliders.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                      I just used Hayabuse frame sliders and made a bracket, so with that bracket welded on the frame I'm pretty sure the bolt will go before the frame, since they ARE in fact frame sliders.
                      i like this idea. i think this is what im going to do. did you pick the hayabuse frame sliders for a reason, or did you just like the way they look?

Comment

I liked how they looked #1, and Hayabusa frame sliders are long enough to actually catch before the fairings hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                          Originally posted by mwysienski
                          From that picture it looks like if the bike is dropped and IF the peg bends it will still damage the fairings.
                          1993 GSX-F

Comment

I wouldn't put the sliders in the fairing, see that big part of the frame that is in that hole in the fairing? That is were my bracket will be welded.

Comment

I asked my dealer if there are frame sliders for my 06 Kat and he said no. The only things he sees in his "book" are for GSX-R's.

And he said - If you wanted to mount thses on your bike, they'd have to be cut into the frame, which would defeat the purpose. Are there frame sliders for our Kat's or do we really need to jerry-rig something?

I don't know anything about my bike, or want to know except the wiring and any electronic mods - I can do that. Everything else... well I leave a qualified tech to do those.
                              GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

There you go, your tech is right, no one makes Katana frame sliders, but around here, we kinda don't believe in the theory you can't get anything for Katana's.

Comment

Working...
                                X