X

Looking for high mount exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for high mount exhaust

i have a 2006 katana 600 and am looking for a new exhaust. does anyone know who makes a high mount exhaust for the katana? i think that's what they're called. It's the exhaust where the pipe runs up toward the tail and the exhaust canister actually runs alongside the tail. i am also looking for any opinions on which canister is the loudest. I like the sound of the yoshimura slipon.

loudest, D&D, but it sounds nothing like a yoshi. A lot of exhaust maker make a high mount, just find what you want and see if they make a high mount.

Comment

2 brothers runs pretty high up compared to other cans.
      Check out this thread for a great pic.

I have owned a D & D and I think that is the loudest. Now I have a Scorpion and that is loud too with nice tone, although not quite as loud as the D & D. I like the tone of both of them.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Two Brothers is the absolute best IMO. Its loud when your on the throttle and quiet at idel, just awesome.

Comment

If you mean a true high-mount exhaust, one similar to this for example...

...nobody makes one for the Kat. You will need to go to a muffler shop and have them custom bend a midpipe for you.
          If I'm not mistaken, others have done this, but there is nothing off the shelf that will give you the high-mount look you want.

Comment

DooD has a high mount, but it may be a Bandit 1200 exhaust.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
              If you mean a true high-mount exhaust, one similar to this for example...

...nobody makes one for the Kat. You will need to go to a muffler shop and have them custom bend a midpipe for you.
              If I'm not mistaken, others have done this, but there is nothing off the shelf that will give you the high-mount look you want.
              Very high. If you happen to know any decent fabricator, you could always tweak that pipe that connect to the can and boom, it might look like that pic.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
              X