X

Light bulbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light bulbs

Looking for a good replacement for my third light (above the headlight) on my 06 600. Will a 194 bulb work on the third evan though the wattage is 8w and stock is 5w? also will the 1157 bulb fit into the front blinkers, same problem different wattage (dont know what the wattage difference is though).
    I tried to search on here but came up empty.

okay so the 1157 will not work, differt prongs. but the 1156 has the same prongs for the plug-in. I have since installed a blue led into my third eye and looks good with the HID style headlights.
    Now i just need to find some chrome 1156 bulbs for the turn signals. any suggestions?

Comment

i think lane automotive sells them i think they are made by APC so u might wanna check that out for the chrome 1156 bulbs

Comment

Maybe I can help

I work for Wagner Lighting (actually they're part of the company I work for) - I can get you lamp/base/wattage specs for any bulb ever made.

Let me know if I can help.

brent

Comment

Be careful using blue lights facing forward, they're illegal in California and probably other states.

Comment

Yeah, I just got "told" by a police officer that the blue light on my third eye is okay but if it was any brighter then it would be ilegal. I am using a low wattage led with a narrow angle so it does not look very bright at all.

Brent can check if the 1156 bulb has the wattage as the bulb found in the katana turn signal, thanks.

Comment

1156 specs

Here you go:
              1156 - 12.8Volts/26.88Watts/2.1Amps/32CandlePower/Single Contact Bayonet Base

Don't know what bulb comes OE in the KAT but the owners manual says to use 12V/21W so the 1156 would work if the base is the same (keep in mind that at 12V you only put out 24W - the Industry test is at 12.8 Volts.

Hope that helps
              Brent

Comment

1156 specs

Here you go:
                1156 - 12.8Volts/26.88Watts/2.1Amps/32CandlePower/Single Contact Bayonet Base

Don't know what bulb comes OE in the KAT but the owners manual says to use 12V/21W so the 1156 would work if the base is the same (keep in mind that at 12V you only put out 24W - the Industry test is at 12.8 Volts.

Hope that helps
                Brent

Comment

Working...
                X