X

Turn signal problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal problem

I just installed integrated signals (LED) and my blinking speed is inconsistent. I know it usually is sped up by using led's which is fine, but when I first turn on my signals they'll blink at a normal rate about 3 times then go to the fast flashing. I don't really mind if they're fast or slow but I'd rather them be one or the other and not both. I know there's a how to to slow down the blinkers but does that address the problem of them being inconsistent like mine are? Thanks

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

When I put my LEDs on the back they flashed like that too normal then fast then a cycle. I installed the two resistors that came with the lights and still had the stock relay. To get them to flash slow I switched the relay. If you want to see ramdom install both relays that was wierd. But I would think that if you wanted them to stay fast take out any resistors. To slow them down change relays.

05 Kat 750
    sigpic

Comment

Well I don't have the resistors on that were included with the signals, I put them on at first but they didn't make any difference that I saw

2002 Katana 600
      1999 Ford F150

Comment

The resistors I got with my taillight (I believe we are both running the Clear Alternatives LED with integrated turn signals) didn't work for me, either. In fact, one of the resistors had the ends pulled out of it, rendering it useless. I instead went to a local Autozone where I found a set of resistors for $12. I simply used the provided tappers and they work great. Make sure you use plyers to adequately pinch the tappers onto the electrical lines. They may not have worked simply because of poor contact. I also found that if the load stabilizers would touch eachother or metal, the flash rate would increase. Make sure you position them correctly. I am running LED's in the front of the bike, too, and have no problems with either stabilizer. I also simply put them on. I did not bypass any of the stock setup.
        Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

Working...
        X