X

Kickstand too long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstand too long

My '04 600 has the stock kickstand(as far as i know)and it seems too long.I can't get the bike to lean over enough to suit me when i park it.I've read that some people do a cut and reweld foot after lowering,but i was wondering if any other stand would fit better like maybe a gsxr,or bandit?

You can always just get some frame sliders and lay it on the ground....haha

What do you mean it doesn't lean over far enough to suit you? Got any pics of this? I mean, unless your bike was lowered, I'd say the lean angle of the bike when on the sidestand to be about 70 degrees..and even if your sidestand was bent, it'd lean over further than that.
    AFAIK there aren't any other bolt on side stands...it's not really something in high demand...
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Well the angle of lean is described as:
      "I can't get the bike to lean over enough to suit me"

I can understand that..
      Best way is to shorten the stand.

Second best have the mound re-wended (at a different angle) Too expensive to be worth it really.

Make the pivot sloppy.. (nah silly idea)

Heat and bend the side stand (cheapest but could cause the side stand to hang up on your clothing of miss the frame and get hung up around the exhaust.

Cutting and re-welding is the best plan IMO..
      Find a little welding shop and they ought to be able to do it cheap.

Comment

Check that you have the proper sized tires on your bike. Beleive it or not, it makes a big difference.

The previous owner of my bike put a smaller tire on it(no idea why) and my bike barely leaned.
        Now with the proper tires it sits perfectly.

Comment

Grind off some metal at the point where the kickstand contacts the frame when extended. I ground .030'' off mine, made all the difference in the world!

THE DOC
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO
            Grind off some metal at the point where the kickstand contacts the frame when extended. I ground .030'' off mine, made all the difference in the world!

THE DOC
            Wow.. I never thought of that! Good one DOC!!

Comment

Thnx for the input....tire size is good,i'll try some of these suggestions.Just wondering if anyone else ran into this and what their fix was.Still love my Kat even if she don't lean very much.We got up @6AM and went for an early morning ride to the river today....rode about 200 miles.I'm falling deeper in love

Comment

Damn!........that was mushy

Comment

Working...
                X