X

Vance & Hines sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance & Hines sound

Ok so first off I'll say I'm totally new to bike and all things related. My 89 Kat 600 came with a Vance & Hines Exhaust. I've been riding around for a few days now on it and I have to say it gets a bit annoying to me after a while. Really "buzzy" I think. I have 2 Kats and both have the same exhaust on them.

Anyone out there think the same of this system and have an alternative they like. I think I read that Yoshiumra was pretty close to stock sound.

Also...if i switch the exhaust will I have to get my carbs re jetted? They are Stage 1. Thanks

r
    Me
    http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

I have a Vance & Hines SS2r on my 93 750 and I like the way it sounds. Not nearly as loud as the D&D but it is loud enough and sounds more tuned in my opinion.

Comment

Yeah it may grow on me. It's been crap weather so I've nto been riding. I don't think it's awful, it's just an adjustment is all. As I've said, I've brand new to bikes and all things related. I'm used to tuning import cars.

Anyway I loks and can't find Yoshi exhaust for my pre 98.
      Me

Comment

I have a Vance & Hines Supersport on my '91 750, and I love the sound. Especially above 5k rpm.

I work on a military post, and the speed limit keeps me below 35 all day, but it is something to see guys turn their heads from 3 blocks away to see where that turbine-like sound is coming from.
        Used to have all the time in the world to work on bikes - but no resources.
        Now I have the resources, but no time.

Comment

Originally posted by AllLostThings
          Anyway I loks and can't find Yoshi exhaust for my pre 98.
          Hey man, i just bought my 93 kat 600 and it has a yoshi can on it, i know its not much help but obviously it can be done, so dont give up because it's a symphony
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I just ordered the ss2r for my 2000 750. I'm hoping it sounds good on a katana. I had a vance & hines on a 900 ninja I use to have and it was a nice deep tone. I'm hoping for the same results from my suzuki. The yosh sounds good on a kat. Close to stock at an idle. Maybe a little different. But when you get on it, it sound really good. So I guess it's just a preference.
            2000 Katana 750
            -VERITAS AEQUITAS-

Comment

Originally posted by helo_pilot
              I have a Vance & Hines Supersport on my '91 750, and I love the sound. Especially above 5k rpm.

I work on a military post, and the speed limit keeps me below 35 all day, but it is something to see guys turn their heads from 3 blocks away to see where that turbine-like sound is coming from.

Yeah the turbine sound is rather nice. I have to say I do rather like the sound of this exhaust now. I may still try to find a Yoshi for it though.
              Me

Comment

Idk. I bought a Vance & Hines SS2r for my 06 750 kat, and i really liked the sound. It was the cheapest pipe i found and i think it sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                X