X

Slip-ons and Sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip-ons and Sound

I'm looking at getting one, but I don't want it to be too loud.

What would you guys recommend, and how loud are they? Is there much of a difference between the brands, and do the differences in quality justify the differences in price?

In my opinion, the D&D is VERY loud, but a lot of people have and love them.

I'm leaning towards a Yoshimura, but have heard complaints that the sound is not very different from stock. I find this to be close true at idle, but the bike sounds throatier and a bit "tuned" with the Yoshi while on the throttle.

Scorpion, TwoBorthers, and Vance & Hines are other options, but I have no first-hand experience with them on a Katana.
    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

It's really all about personal preference........I did a lot of research and listened to a lot of sound clips before I finally chose the Yoshimura RS-3. It's a little louder than the stock exhaust at idle, but when you really get on the throttle, it sounds awesome!!!!!!! I passed my brother the other day on his R1 with twin Hindles, and probably was in the 7000-8000 RPM range and he said that it was crazy loud!!! Yea, once you get it going above 7000 RPM, it really sounds nice. Suzuki + Yoshi = match............

Comment

Here is the souind clips that I made from my bike before and after I put on my new Yoshimura. Whether or not you heard them yet???

Comment

Yoshimura RS-3 Slip on is the way to go. I have one and love it. The louder the pipe the safer the bike, you want the cars to hear you.

Comment

My Vance & Hines is louder than that but not as loud as the D&D. I like it but it seems I'm the only one with a V&H on my bike. Full ss2r sounds good to me.

Comment

V&H take a listen
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Nice sound on the V&H...

Do they make it also for '98 model?

Comment

Working...
                X