X

Custom exhaust hanger and removed pass. footpegs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom exhaust hanger and removed pass. footpegs

I wanted to remove my passenger footpegs to clean up the look on the rear but had to come up with something to hold the exhaust. I saw in some magazine they had hangers to do this but they didnt make any for the katana. So I set off to home depot to make my own

Just needed a piece of aluminum flat stock. Cut it to size, drilled the holes. I used the old rubber isolator to help keep some of the vibes out of the frame. Just added a few extra washers on the bolt to push the can out a bit from the swing arm.

I am going to get a solo cowl and rear hugger to help finish off the rear.

Cool dude!

Long Live the D

Comment

Looking good........great job too!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

these were the brackets that I was trying to mimic.

mines much more budget friendly though lol

Comment

Nice work! Nice KR decals too!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
            Nice work! Nice KR decals too!
            gotta represent

Comment

nice job, good idea! to bad I still need the rear pegs.
              myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I like it.. trippy, I was staring at my bike lastnight thinking how to do something like this. If you don't mind, I might copy ya, to a degree..

Comment

Look good. But you might want to trim that bolt down or get a shorter one. Hate for that to jab the tire.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                    Look good. But you might want to trim that bolt down or get a shorter one. Hate for that to jab the tire.
                    looking at the pictures it looks close but it is really like 4" away, no closer than stock. and it cant move much because the can will hit the swingarm before moving any closer. But I probably will trim it down to make it more photo friendly

Comment

Working...
                    X