No announcement yet.
X

streetfighter mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey blackburnd i wasnt gettin all defensive bud just the way i use my words, i dont think you will get a better answer to where streetfighters origionated from than what has already been put to be honest.... nowadays the general term and style of streetfighters changes more than i change me clothes there is no real answer to how it origionated nor is there any answer to what a streetfighter is unfortunately peoples opinion and perceptions of a streetfightered bike are all the same but one way or another somehow they all end up with the style of bike you see as a fighter.... to me a proper fighter is the old muscle bikes brought into modern day using more upto date parts and accesories and tuning them up to piss all over todays modern machinery. the old mad max style... now known as a rat bike can have extremely fine tuned engines extremely powerfull but look like a pile of crap slapped together but you get such a buzz when a modern bike pulls up beside you looks you up n down to say.... man what is that heap..... then you leave him standing thats what its about ..... hell yeah!
    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Hey Bigbike, that is one nice freaking bike. I will be getting some pics soon. I will post them as soon as I get them.

Comment

[quote="kwebbel"]
        Originally posted by BlackburnD

I love this design. Awesome. Freddie, wouldn't that look tight with a big Army Star over black!!!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

that is sweet... I'm not sure how you would ride it with that bottom fairing/spoiler being so low to the ground. Sweet none the less.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Yeah with that tailgunner exhaust that actually rotates!! I'd wear a tank commanders helmet!!!

The only problem is, that I'm in Germany(as many of you know) well... and the bike is in Florida. I just got pics, but man is it a piece of you know what!!!

Comment

I don't see the clutch or front brake on that bike either. Where's the exhaust?
              1994 Naked Katana 600
              Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BlackburnD
                that is sweet... I'm not sure how you would ride it with that bottom fairing/spoiler being so low to the ground. Sweet none the less.
                Hitec bro, it's got airsuspension which will lift the bike and flip up the rockets once it's started, enough to have the needed groundclearance to ride it.

Originally posted by Damian
                I don't see the clutch or front brake on that bike either. Where's the exhaust?
                All cables and wiring are routed inside the steer, the brakes are electronically operated (front- and rearlines meet under the seat in a central commander) and as you can see it's got custommade undertail exhausts

Comment

theres a write up in streetfighters mag over here its a awesome bike and you can see immediately the ammount of work gone into it unfortunately its just not my kinda thing ::

Comment

streetfighters...

aggressive stance, wild performance (you literally remove whatever you can, not just fairings) and an a method of heavily modified sportbikes....

in a basic term

chopper: modified hardley drivable

streetfighter: modified japper

not all streetfighters have no fairings, like i said, its all about aggression, an aggressive stance, no bullsh!t attitiude.

apparently, the 1st fighters were ones in the UK that were from riders who fitted wide motorcross bars to the bikes to help muscle the bike thru the tight city traffic and roads. bikes were also then dropped a lot DUE to the surrounds of tight traffic and roads, and lack of parking etc.. hence fighters were born, bullsh!t fast sportbikes, modified to suit the tight urban enviroment... as time went on, it became a style of bike moddifying, and MORE SO....A MINDSET for certain riders...usually people who love to get in the shed and tinker. now with tinker, i mean, not some little faggot boy saying "hey bro, i gots me a gold brake leaver bro.. how fulli sik am i moit". you knoe the good sh!t- chopping up the frame, subbing brakes and suspension to improve handling, reduce weights.. all the things everyone wants from a bike.

hence my own....one stock SV 650s. sh!t susupension, heavy for what it is, boring looks, useless brakes for the riding i do (tight bumpy twisties)

now fitted, 04 USD forks with radial brakes clamping 310mm rotors, ZX6R SWINGARM, REAR SHOCK, REAR 180 section wheel. and a zx6r subframe, and tail plastics... the bike now weight 155kg on the road with half a tank of juice, standard was 179 DRY! never used to have any suspension adjustments, now it has it all....not to mention the 98hp ive screwed out of the engine, up from 75hp, and yep she is a weapon in the twisties

cheers.joe.

Comment

Hey crazymofo that is one sweet SV!!!!

Comment

[quote"freddie_fred"]Hey Bigbike, that is one nice freaking bike. I will be getting some pics soon. I will post them as soon as I get them.[/quote]

dunno if you were lookin at the bike in my profile... thats old it i am building this now

Comment

that sv is nice, thats what headlight i want for another bike! im after a rd350lc!

Comment

its a 666 bimbo fighters mask... wasnt cheap lol

cheers.joe.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo

cheers.joe.
                              All I can said is... NICE!!! I just wish I have that much mechanical talents to build something like that!
                              WHAT MAN? I am a NOOB

Comment

Working...
                              X