No announcement yet.
X

FS: 98+ HUGGER BLACK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, it's all about the brake torque arm. On a pre the rear caliper mounts on top, on a post it mounts on the bottom, that's the number 1 reason I went with a 98+ swing arm on my pre. If you want to swap swingarms I have two 98+ ones ( the 750 and 600 is the same), but it's not a stright up swap, I can explain how to do it. BTW I have that exact hugger, I love it, it's ABS plastic and not fiberglass, it's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
      yeah, it's all about the brake torque arm. On a pre the rear caliper mounts on top, on a post it mounts on the bottom, that's the number 1 reason I went with a 98+ swing arm on my pre. If you want to swap swingarms I have two 98+ ones ( the 750 and 600 is the same), but it's not a stright up swap, I can explain how to do it. BTW I have that exact hugger, I love it, it's ABS plastic and not fiberglass, it's awesome
      Can the hugger be modified w/o having to swap the swingarms? I'm not sure I could handle swaping them myself. Do you have any pics of how your bike turned out?

Comment

hugger

Originally posted by brez24
        Can the hugger be modified w/o having to swap the swingarms? I'm not sure I could handle swaping them myself. Do you have any pics of how your bike turned out?
        want one for a pre, see this thread. direct bolt on. thanks to chriskat1100

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Great. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out EBay.

Comment

that's a heavily modified rear swingarm. If you look the rear caliper is mounted on the bottom. Bringing us back to the torque arm for the pre 98 Kats being the problem. With the brake torque arm on the top it's gonna take a lot of work, certainly possible, but it's gonna take some work.

Comment

that's a heavily modified rear swingarm. If you look the rear caliper is mounted on the bottom. Bringing us back to the torque arm for the pre 98 Kats being the problem. With the brake torque arm on the top it's gonna take a lot of work, certainly possible, but it's gonna take some work.
              That would put me back at square one. I wasn't looking to do any modifications.

Comment

I don't have any pics, it's not done yet. Check out http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/ That will tell you everything about my bike.

Comment

I don't have any pics, it's not done yet. Check out http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/ That will tell you everything about my bike.
                  You bike sounds like it's going to be pretty amazing when completed. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Comment

That would put me back at square one. I wasn't looking to do any modifications.
                    As far as I know, NOBODY makes a hugger for a pre-98 Kat. The easiest thing is going to be getting one for an SV or a 98+ Kat and cutting the notch in it for the brake arm. Sorry man. I do have a link to some installation instructions if you would like it.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

there's a link somewhere where someone modded a Bandit rear hugger to fit a pre 98.

Comment

Working...
                      X