No announcement yet.
X

Muffler canister clamp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steves.. I'd love to help and wish I could.. (I bet I have what you need in my shed) Why not check the salvage yards? I would not recommend Plasti-dip.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Steves.. I'd love to help and wish I could.. (I bet I have what you need in my shed) Why not check the salvage yards? I would not recommend Plasti-dip.
      I'm wondering if the $20 cost for the new one is worth the 50 mile round trip to the bike salvage yard...
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
        I'm wondering if the $20 cost for the new one is worth the 50 mile round trip to the bike salvage yard...
        Depends on what the road is like!!

Comment

Depends on what the road is like!!
          Well, I don't know if you've ever been to filthadelpia... but the scrap yard is down by the airport in an old mostly unpaved area....on the site of a former train yard. I may give them a call next week and run down to see what they've got.
          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Why a no on the plasti-dip?

Does it melt at a certain temperature?
            I've coated a few engine pieces before and they held up ok... wire looms, hose clamps and such, even a wiring harness ;p

Didn't think the cans got very hot

Comment

oh yeah the cans get HOT!

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by DonShannon
                Why a no on the plasti-dip?

Does it melt at a certain temperature?
                I've coated a few engine pieces before and they held up ok... wire looms, hose clamps and such, even a wiring harness ;p

Didn't think the cans got very hot
                They can get at least as hot as the motor... which puts it in the 450-500* range on the kat. Although the site says it's acceptable for "heat protection."
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Wow, I had no idea. My Yoshi can never gets hot enough to burn my hand. Uncomfortably warm, but never as hot as the engine or oil lines. (lol or the headers... I know how hot those get unfortunately)

Comment

Huh , my friend's wife burned her leg pretty good on HIS Yosh can ..... And I know I would never grab hot pipes on ANY bike .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Anyone heard of Graves motorsports?

-Steve

sigpic

Comment

I checked my can after my 30 minute ride to work today and it wasn't hot enough to cause any pain.
                        It was about 80 degrees in highspeed stop and go traffic. (ie accellerate like a crazy person to 55-65, stop.. rinse repeat)

What kind of riding and how long before the exhaust can gets to dangerous temperatures?

Sorry for the thread hi-jack but it's for educational purposes.

How about 4 or 5 layers of high-temp shrink tubing? That should handle the heat and abrasion pretty well and absorb the vibrations well enough.

Comment

http://www.gravesport.com/cgi-bin/sh...n&key=EB__008O
                          Yeah . More popular with the Yamahaha crowd .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

http://www.gravesport.com/cgi-bin/sh...n&key=EB__008O
                            that looks just like the one that came with my scorpion.

I wonder if you can get just 1 from them.

Comment

Working...
                            X