Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Need to pick exhaust/jets/teeth/ 60-80 degree climate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to pick exhaust/jets/teeth/ 60-80 degree climate?

Hey I have a 98 600 and need more power. I am out of michigan and plan on going from stock everything to an aftermarket exhaust, kn air filter(or better) as well as a jet kit. Question is I don't want to mess with the fuel were I end up with a tempermental bike that gives me problems with the changing climate,so I am not sure what the best exhaust for my buck would be as I see that none really give the bike more HP, Basically I plan on keeping this bike and want more out of it.

sprockets would be cheapest and easiest, probably the least expensive.

Long Live the D

Comment

To improve your exhaust for minimal expense, drop them down and grind out the inner welds with a dremel or similar tool. CyberPoet has a full write up on how to do this here.

Since you have a 98+ Katana the best jet kit on the market is an Ivan's. Do a search on here and you will find the link to his website and plenty of people who have them and are quite satisfied with the product. You can order over the phone, tell him everything you have on the bike and if you have any issues during install, you can call and get help. He does suggest keeping the factory air filter though, as the K&N shows NO performance increase over the stock filter. Factory Pro says the same thing about the stock filter.

paradox is right though. As far as most drastic improvement for minimal money..... sprocket change and new chain is it. Again, CyberPoet has a great write up about sprockets and ratios. Take a minute and read through it before you make any purchases.

Hope this helps you out.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

If you don't want a temperamental bike , your BEST bet would to be leave it bone-stock .
        If you want "more" out of it , you should also consider a larger engine . Look for the engine swap sticky .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X