Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Issue between the 02 and 06 stock exhausts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue between the 02 and 06 stock exhausts.

I'm trying to fit an 06 stock exhaust on my 02. Both are from a 600. The 06 seems to be a bit longer and I can't get the mounting points to line up. I want to try switching the headers to see if that will make a difference.

Here's the question: Will this make a difference? At ronayers.com I found that the 02 and 04 headers are different part numbers. So are the headers different or are they just changing part numbers to have fun with us?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

02 exhaust

8) I got a 02 header from Special and put it on my 03, no issues, everything fit.

Comment

i know this is old but i figured it was the best place to bring it up instead of making a new thread. I would like to put a two brother exhaust on my 04 kat, but two brothers only lists them up to 03. from what read, suzuki played with the demensions on the exhaust a little between 03-04. Exactly what all the changed, i dont know (other than the length, Im pretty sure they changed that.) My question is, what do i need to do to get a Two Brothers (preferably C5) slip on mounted?
      Fo Sho.

Comment

The exhaust hanger on the 98-02 are about 1/2 - 3/4 inch shorter on the rear bolt than the 03-06. I found out trying to swap my stock 2005 can for a D&D on my buddies 98.
        2005 Aprilia RST1000
        2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
        1998 Chevy Tahoe
        www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

so do i just need like a metal adaptor for the rear bolt? Or do i need on for all three bolts?
          Fo Sho.

Comment

I couldn't get either bolt to go through when putting the 06 on. So it looks like it's both.
            -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Could you guys cut down the midpipe and get them to fit better??

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Problem with that is that there is a flange that is tacked onto the midpipe. I have no way to retack it if I have to move it. There also isn't a lot of room to move it further up the midpipe. If I could get ride of that flange, I'm sure trimming the midpipe would make it fit.
                -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

02 exhaust

8) I just took a look at the part #'s on the exhaust( headers and muff) from RonAyers micro. Seems 98-03 are the same, different #'s from 04, looks like a change. I've got some 02 750 headers coming for a 03 600. Bought some 02 600 headers from Keith a while back, used a D&D and stock set up with no issues on the 03. I dumped the D&D to loud, looking at a Yoshi. Right now I'm running a 02 600 header with stock 03 muffler and mid.

Comment

We ended up going to the hardware store and fabricating an extension for the rear hanger from a door slider. Works like a charm!!!!!!
                    2005 Aprilia RST1000
                    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
                    1998 Chevy Tahoe
                    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

I've got some metal I can fab up to make an extension. I'm just trying to find out if i can do it without. I'm going to get some anti-sieze this week and try swapping out the headers to see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll have the bracket on there by Sunday night.
                      -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Working...
                      X