X

Front Fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fender

Ive been gettin my bike ready to be repainted and im havin a little trouble gettin the front fender off, ive done searched for it, couldnt find anything, just thought you guys could help.

use a allen wrench on the top and i think its an 8mm wrench to hold the nuts on the bottom side
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Yup , helps to take off the front wheel .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

if you don't remove the front wheel, the nuts under the fender will just spin and you'll be there forever.
        http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

you can do it with the front wheel on, i did......but yea im sure its easier to do with it off if you have a way to support the bike
          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
            you can do it with the front wheel on, i did......but yea im sure its easier to do with it off if you have a way to support the bike
            How did you do that? Please tell!!

Comment

Stick your hand up under there to hold the bolts , I recon . But just taking out the axle and letting the wheel drop down a bit SHOULD be anough to get you up under there ....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Well, once you remove the screws that hold it to the forks you can move it up and down you just cant take it off because of the metal plate. So after you remove the screws that hold it to the forks you can slide it up, put your hand and a wrench under there and hold the nuts

or if you want to take the wheel off you can do what i did when i swapped out my front rim. get a concrete block, put it right next to the bike and when you lift the front some to get the axle out, roll the rim out of the way and slide the block under so both of the forks rest on it.
                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Do yourself a favor and weld the nuts on the bottom side of the plate - you'll never have to go through that hassle again.
                  "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Now there's a great idea!!

Comment

thanks guys i guess ill get out here in the shop and see if i can get the thing off of there

Comment

Now there's a great idea!!
                        This I figured out by accident... was mounting the fender on the Kat and didn't have the original fender bracket. Since I thought the original had the bolts welded on, I said what the hell and and we welded these on for good measure.
                        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                        X