Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best thing to remove duct tape adhesive

goo gone? wd40? what do you use?
    Hello World.

normally I use my swiss army knief Goo Gone works great on removing left over tape residue

Comment

Re: best thing to remove duct tape adhesive

What kind of surface is the residue on?
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I use this stuff in a aerosal (sp?) can....

OOPS!! Multipurpose adhesive remover...works AWESOME!! spray some on the gunk, a little on a cloth and rub away

You can buy it at Wal Mart in the paint area where the glues and stuff are
        Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

duct tape residue is on plastic. does OOPS! work better than goo gone? just curious
          Hello World.

Comment

Goof Off? Gasoline? Kerosene?
            Painted or not painted?
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

+1 on the Oops.

It will melt plastic if you just leave excessive amounts on there (ie do not leave the Oops soaked rag on your fairing and walk away). Make sure that after you get the adhesive off wipe everything down with a clean rag.

Comment

I don't remember having any problems with Goo Gone eating away plastics but you might wanna test it on a piece of junk plastic first to see what happens. I love Goo Gone I used it to get the sticky residue let over from a window tint job and it worked excellent.

Comment

painted plastic..thanks for all the replys guys
                  Hello World.

Comment

watch the black plastic around the speedo and fairing.it might leave white spots.

Comment

Oops is awesome....I used it on my bike. But I would do as suggested above and wipe it with a clean rag afterwards.

And from my experience yes it works ALOT better than Goo Gone or citrus stuff...Ive used alot of different kinds of remover and Oops seems to work the best/fastest
                      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                        I don't remember having any problems with Goo Gone eating away plastics but you might wanna test it on a piece of junk plastic first to see what happens. I love Goo Gone I used it to get the sticky residue let over from a window tint job and it worked excellent.
                        Depending on how sticky the residue is, goo gone won't touch it. When I debadged my truck, the adhesive laughed at the goo gone.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Goo Gone works pretty good, Goof Off worked on my OEM body paint to get decal adhesive off BUT I worked quick.

DO NOT use Goof Off on plastics unless you test a spot first (See "How to paint your windscreen body color" post).

Comment

goo gone

Comment

My fingers. I had these really, uh, squid-like Yoshimura stickers on my bike when I bought it. Luckily, they came off very easily. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X