No announcement yet.
X

Has anyone made their own dual lights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone made their own dual lights?

Project89* is under way, and once i work out the "bugs" i'm planning to do this.
    the bike currently has some zip tied bs light on it the previous owner made up. I think they were like 120$ new. But I'm gonna try to make my own dual head lights to give it that EU look.
    Something like these.

the lights i found for cheap being a honda kid. Ebay search:CVCC head light and a pair of lights are only 15$ HID.

just wondering if anyone has done this
    Please help me on my quest to get this Katana 600 running

wait..
    you got that for $$15??

Send me two!!
    Those go for $120..
    WAtch out for cheap brackets that never hold position..

Like the ones I made in the shed!!

Comment

haha so true, actually quick trip to lowes and i think i might beable to get all the parts.
      these pictured are on ebay for like 145+ shipping...fuck that

Comment

guess not lol

Comment

'Thought I was the only one!

I finally found someone else who wants to change their 89' Katana to a dual headlight! I am in the early proccess of designing something myself. Please post pics if you are done, or part done.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm guessing you want the dual-headlight streetfighter look. If you were doing fairings, you could look into rigging an early GSXR fairing stay onto the kat.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
              I'm guessing you want the dual-headlight streetfighter look. If you were doing fairings, you could look into rigging an early GSXR fairing stay onto the kat.
              Actually I am keeping the fairing, I just want better lighting. Plust I think two lights are better that way if one stops working you'll still make it home.

Comment

Tose look sweet.
                Be sure to post a pic. of those once their mounted in the farring.
                8)
                "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

about the headlight going out thing, you can do what i have done, using your bright to get home and around, and if you really wanna be nice you can slip your heand in and adjust your high beam so it isnt blinding....but thats only if you wanna be nice, (it only takes a minute or less and no tools.
                  i Dunno, just thinking about it and how lazy i am, thats probably what i would do. Onto the dual headlight thing, i dont think those would look good in a kat, if i was gonna go double headlights i would get a get off of a mid nineties HONDA (know your a honda guy) CBR 900 RR is it? i think it was pre 929's or whatever. It was a dope dual headlight that went into a square opening on that bike. I know it had the same fairing as a CBR 600 F3, many a moon ago i put the cool headlight in a 600 for a guy, it turned out real nice. Thats my suggestion. its not HID, but if you want dope duals, i would go with that, and you could be good good friends with someone on here and sell them those headlights for 20 bucks, you make 10 bucks, they get a good deal! Hey works out great!

Comment

Told this in another thread.
                    Buy a numberplate from Airtech and cut out the desired form. (easiest way to go)

Comment

Working...
                    X