No announcement yet.
X

stock pipe 'muffler' removal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone has a sound clip as to what this sounds like? I want to hear the sound before I decide to do this mod.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I tried to record it with my mp3 player but it was too loud and it just came out as static.

I've decided now that it is actually a bit louder than the hindle's that I've heard but still not as bad as D&D's

Comment

Mine is loud, but not wake your neighbors D&D loud. I am glad I did mine. I did notice on mine that just a few inches from the tip it is starting to yellow. Nice look actually I hope I can get some blue too.
        Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

yea me too, my muffler is turning into this kinda goldish colour near the tip. Pretty attractive though I cant imagine why it's doing that.

Comment

Does it sound like a V-twin when idle or when accelerating? I know my neighbour who has it done on his CBR, it sounds okay at idle, but when he opens it up, that's when you really hear it roaring.
            Is that how it is? or is it loud through the entire power band?

I just thought of something. Do you think I would get the same sound if I just removed the exhaust can? Would it sound the same doing this as with the restrictor removed?
            Roops Photography|facebook|
            03 GSXR 1000
            04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
            Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

V-twins and i4's sound different. your gsxf will sound a lot like the cbr. unless your neighbor has done other engine upgrades such as air or jetting.

Comment

Is there a easy way to remove the rain shield, i cant seem to get it out.

Comment

Originally posted by slowsi
                  Is there a easy way to remove the rain shield, i cant seem to get it out.
                  that was a MAJOR PITA

Dremel, bend, dremel, bend, hammer, etc etc.

At it does kinda sound like a v-twin now Stupid low tone rumble

Comment

Is there a lip at the end of the restrictor because i got the pipr loose and i can move it up and down but i cant get it out?

Comment

i dont think so, use a flashlight and look insidel If you're moving it up and donw, it's probably already loose, just wiggle it out, and wiggle, and wiggle, and wiggle

Comment

Working...
                      X